How to make a bad car better

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I love the old Zodiac/Zephyr range, some of us older members will remember these, the Mk III is on my wish list, but the Mk IV was a real pig especially in the handling department.
This may be OK though (rare Farnham Estate too) stick in a 2.9 cozzy and sort the suspension :eek:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C822957

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Was never a fan of the "Dagenham Dustbin"

Does anyone else recall that a firm Funeral Directors had a couple converted to hearses that couldn't be relied on to give it's passengers their final journey without some problem or other.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
My old man always wanted one after loads of Mk IIs & IIIs he finally got one in around 1972 it was about 18 months old and let him down every-time he went out in it he had it about 2 weeks and got rid

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Was the Mk3 the "Z cars" model? I loved those a mate had one years ago in white. I remember it had a gearbox issue which was when you put it in top (4th) if you accelerating it was fine, but, when you let the power off it would spit it out of gear. Easily solved with a bunnng cord around the seat mounting and quickly looped over the gear stick once in top !!=))

Tony.

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Was the Mk3 the "Z cars" model? I loved those a mate had one years ago in white. I remember it had a gearbox issue which was when you put it in top (4th) if you accelerating it was fine, but, when you let the power off it would spit it out of gear. Easily solved with a bunnng cord around the seat mounting and quickly looped over the gear stick once in top !!=))

Tony.
I have never been a big Ford owner but I remember using the bungee to keep it in gear trick on a Triumph Spitfire. :)

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Tony.
Yep theres a blast from the past Z Cars, trouble is good ones are so expensive now, about 20 years ago I had a chance to buy a one owner minter off an old guy near us for what was for very little money by today's measure but mortgage, young children and a wife threatening bodily harm if I used the savings and holiday money meant I didn't, could kick myself now.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL

Tony.
Or you could just put your baggy trouser leg over it =))