Horwood House.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
May I please ask people who had problems at the hotel to please email me so that I can collate the problems that were encountered and then follow up with the hotel for any future visit that we may make. I am aware of a few problems and even though I believe they were resolved to the satisfaction of the individuals concerned I need to follow up to try and avoid problems should we decide to use any of the hotels in the small chain again.

Many thanks for all the good wishes and many thanks to all those whose work made the whole event such a great success, (I seemed to get a disproportionate amount of the credit) It is a long list of people who all worked together to make the event what it was.

BY the way for those who are friends on Facebook with the BMWCCGB Hazel has been informed that she is the picture they used on Saturday to say that the cars were all starting to arrive (J 3 VOB). I am currently downloading the Video and will post it up on the BMWCCGB site and create a link to it as soon as I can. (I am planning on posting it up with credits to Zroadster.org)

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Great picture Mrs Ragtop..

Look at him he is even making sure all the other car clubs are doing it right, otherwise b-( :ymapplause:

Well done that man.
No complaints at hotel from us;)

Attachments

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
looks like Rommel commanding his tanks :))
top stuff Dunc.
mozza had a problem with the hotel and got some money back i think

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
We were pleased with the hotel, parking,washing facilities, room and food, and would definately stay their again for Zedfest next year :D

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
SeaSurfer said:
We were pleased with the hotel, parking,washing facilities, room and food, and would definately stay their again for Zedfest next year :D
yep us too !

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Guys and Gals.

Can I please ask that you PM me with the problems. The hotel did do a fantastic job of fixing the problems as far as I know and if we use the problems to improve things for another visit that is one thing. but being a public forum will not help with me trying to get us a great deal next time without the problems, if they appear on the radar.

Many thanks though for the information.

Duncan

Burrie

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
A huge thank you to Gary & Duncan for all your hard work in making it a fantastic weekend for everyone, it was everything that the best memories are made of, you should be very proud. It was a pleasure to meet such a great bunch of people, we miss you already. Will PM you re hotel but found the staff very helpful & more than willing to resolve the problems we encountered, thanks again, still smiling :) Dave & Sue

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
We had a problem with the heating being on all night in the room,but after complaining about there lack of response to the issues I raised they agreed to knock off one nights accommodation charge. Result.
Coupled with the free bar I can defo reccomend horwood house :D
Moz :ymalien:

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I have had a number of emails and PM's some are minor and people are in the main happy but some are major and something needs to be done all are useful in talking to the hotel. I have started to make the connection but as with all these things I am wanting to talk as far up the tree as I can so am awaiting a telephone call to be returned.

May I again reiterate that the posting of any horror stories on a public forum where they can come up on searches does not help my negotiations with the hotel so it is much better to PM me or email me please.

I expect to be compiling my initial email to the General Manager of the hotel late tonight or tomorrow so if anyone has any other things they wish included in the response to the hotel please contact me as zoo as possible.

Regards

Duncan

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Guys and Gals

I am receipt of PM's Emails and the odd post. I have managed to chat with the General Manager at Horwood house and some of the things that we have identified she is concerned about. Others she has identified that we need to do in a more co-ordinated way if we do a silverstone event next year. But all the feedback has been taken seriously even though I have as yet only glossed over them with her. She is concerned that the mixture of booking mechanisms may have caused some of the problems with rooms and to avoid it for a future event she would like us to book direct (we just have to make sure that the rate is as good or better than the likes of supabreaks and hotels.com etc,) I think she a valid point when you consider how online booking systems work.

I will draft my email to the Hotel on Sunday to give others a chance to make sure I have all the details as I am missing some of the details from Some people.

If that timescale is unacceptable to anyone please feel free to email Lucy at "lucy.talbot@principal-hayley.com" but please make sure I am aware of both what you have identified and also any response that you get from the hotel. I do not want to be chasing something that has already been resolved.

Many thanks for your patience.

Duncan

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
To be honest Duncan,
I think I would be booking a Premier Inn instead if I did it next year and had to choose between the two.

Not a horror story, but an observation....
The rooms were extremely small, especially the bathroom, the evening meal was a higher price for lack lustre food, and we had to ask 3 times for drinks at our table.
As a venue, we were not impressed, but as a weekend with the Silverstone event and the people we were really pleased.
I think the rooms/service did not live up to the wow factor of travelling along that entrance road.

and at least I know what happened to all our old CRT telly's. :D

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
gookah said:
To be honest Duncan,
I think I would be booking a Premier Inn instead if I did it next year.

Not a horror story, but an observation....
The rooms were extremely small, especially the bathroom, the evening meal was a higher price for lack lustre food, and we had to ask 3 times for drinks at our table.
As a venue, we were not impressed, but as a weekend with the Silverstone event and the people we were really pleased.
At least I know what happened to all our old CRT telly's. :D

I wonder.............Premier Inn deals for next year? might be worth contacting the head office. Oh G** what have I just said =))

B

badman gee

Duncan,

The hotel was great apart from the expensive food and drink (i know we had a free bar to ease the pain!!!)

The 20 percent discount must have been added on and then removed :))

Im far from tight but it was expensive.

ps, ask paul about his fish and chip :ymdevil:

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
badman gee said:
Duncan,

The hotel was great apart from the expensive food and drink (i know we had a free bar to ease the pain!!!)

The 20 percent discount must have been added on and then removed :))

Im far from tight but it was expensive.

ps, ask paul about his fish and chip :ymdevil:
It was a 10% discount Guys and Gals and as said earlier maybe Premier Inn next time will suit better. After all it was the company that mattered as far as I am concerned.

There are some issues I still have to deal with. The price was the price and that we got a deal after a group had started to book I think was pretty good.

I do think that given time again we would look to do a deal before anyone started to book and hence things might be somewhat different.

Oh and the prices we had been notified of back in February so we knew they were high and as far as I can remember they were cheaper than the price list I was given in February. and we got the 10% discount on the bar drinks.

B

badman gee

Duncan, don't get me wrong, everything was perfect (but I'm just making a comment thats all)

:)

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
badman gee said:
Duncan, don't get me wrong, everything was perfect (but I'm just making a comment thats all)

Yeah! No offence taken all just real comments for "A" next time! in some ways I agree with Pete the premier Inns have roomier rooms, and are pub based so the Booze and food is cheaper.

And I really was serious the company was what made the whole weekend! and it could be in a premier Inn (not sure about travel lodge they are getting very tired :)) ).

B

badman gee

La_vida_diver said:
badman gee said:

Yeah! No offence taken all just real comments for "A" next time! in some ways I agree with Pete the premier Inns have roomier rooms, and are pub based so the Booze and food is cheaper.

And I really was serious the company was what made the whole weekend! and it could be in a premier Inn (not sure about travel lodge they are getting very tired :)) ).
could have been anywhere sir, people and cars make it :D

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
After reading some of the comments above I think we were lucky as we had a lovely room, good size too, and a flat screen tv. :D

I think we may have been the first to book a room there and the main reason was ample parking for our Zed. We checked every hotel on Google maps satellite view to see what parking was like and Horwood was the most suitable by far. The long drive was a bonus.

Most Premier Inns or Travel Lodges we looked at had limited parking. If we do this meet again we will need guaranteed parking for our Zeds, after all we all love our Zeds.

Horwood House gets our vote but we can understand others wanting to go elsewhere.