Not open for further replies.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Guys and Gals

The Hotel have agreed that we should be located as far as they can from the Wedding Parties . They have also determined that they can cater for us without a Marquee. So for the Friday and Saturday we will be located in the Manor Lounge and Bar area which I am assured is not close to the function rooms.

To answer the request for BBQ: We will need a minimum number to sign up for it for each day (I do not know what number that is yet) and it is not a case of choosing and we get a mixture but would be a case of that the majority votes will carry the day. I have set up a Poll so that you can vote and we can see what is decided to go for.

I am confident that I can get an opt out for people if a majority want something and some wish to use the normal bar menu etc. we would cover for that eventuality with a voucher system. (details at a later date but basically if you go for BBQ or hog roast then we would supply pictures on a card so that the staff would know that you are entitled. However if you decide on the bar menu then you would not have the photo entitlement).

I will verify the times that meals will be available hopefully tomorrow but at this point they are not fixed and I do not know the date that we have to have final number to the hotel.

What is on offer:

BBQ at £25 per person
Jacket potatoes, Selection of Bread rolls, Mediterranean herb Chicken kebabs, 4oz beef burgers, Salmon with tai spices, pork and leak sausages,potato salad, mixed leak sale, corn on the cob, fruit platter, meringue chocolate or raspberry sauce, chocolate gate, summer fruit trifle.

Mid Hog Roast £21 per person (we will determine the selection within this later if selected)
we will have to select 4 savoury item from the list and 1 dessert but we have voices of:
Coleslaw, potato salad with bacon and chives, mixed leaf salad, cous cous lemon olives roast vegetables, pasta salad with roast vegetables pesto tomato and basil, caesar salad with parmesan and croutons, roast Mediterranean vegetable salad, vegetarian quiche, jacket skins, chive sour cream, spicy wedges, sour cream dip, fruit platter, meringue chocolate or raspberry sauce, chocolate gateau, Summer fruit trifle.

Budget Hog Roast £16 per person.
Baps, Apple sauce, green salad, coleslaw.

Existing menu from hotel will be the fourth alternative. or opt out

B

badman gee

In going for the budget choice here.

again i will wait for the people to decide and may change :D

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I think if we were outside with a marquee then a bbq would have been great, but as we are inside we just as well eat what we want from the bar :cake :beer :martini But i will go with the census :bulb

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
HornelZ3M said:
... i will go with the census ....
Blimey, is ZedFest going to be that big?
Who's counting?

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Even at this time Titan we have over 100 people booked into the Horwood so yes it is a big thing :beer

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
HornelZ3M said:
Even at this time Titan we have over 100 people booked into the Horwood so yes it is a big thing :beer
Yes I know but you missed the pun on census v concensus
I was beginning to wonder whether there would be any room at the Inn but then realised it was July #:-s

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
the reviews for horwood house are quite poor , may be better to eat at a local pub ?

B

badman gee

bessieblue said:
the reviews for horwood house are quite poor , may be better to eat at a local pub ?
not sure we would have room.

:))

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
bessieblue said:
I picked up on bad reviews back at the beginning and is one of reasons I've not yet booked. I'm just not sure about the place. ???? Jury still out....

Snoops ont'apatalk

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Snoops said:
bessieblue said:
I picked up on bad reviews back at the beginning and is one of reasons I've not yet booked. I'm just not sure about the place. ???? Jury still out....

Snoops ont'apatalk
I think that even if everyone were to eat elsewhere the fact that we have the space allocated, Parking and the Manor room facilities suits us. Also as there are so many of us staying the bar will get a good bit of use and it should be a great gathering. It should be a good meet.

When I visit them I will be bringing up the comment on the "standards", by the way.

My concern about delays is that the two wedding parties will soon be starting bookings as well. I will email and see if I can get the numbers that are now booked overall.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
La_vida_diver said:
Snoops said:
bessieblue said:

Snoops ont'apatalk
I think that even if everyone were to eat elsewhere the fact that we have the space allocated, Parking and the Manor room facilities suits us. Also as there are so many of us staying the bar will get a good bit of use and it should be a great gathering. It should be a good meet.

When I visit them in I will be bringing up the comment on the "standards", by the way.

My concern about delays is that the two wedding parties will soon be starting bookings as well. I will email and see if I can get the numbers that are now booked overall.
I've no doubts the zed crowd will be great as they have on all the meets I've been on I'm just not convinced about the hotel and it's ability to cope with 2 weddings and a very large group of zedders.
Snoops ont'apatalk

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Snoops

Your concerns, is this purely the catering/food or does
that include the accomodation

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Just chill snoops and go with the flow you only live once and life is sometimes not perfect. :coolsteer)

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Im certainly not convinced its a good hotel either, but for two nights and the group that we will be with will be worth it Snoops :D you couldnt leave zippy down the road on his own, could you? anyway, we want YOU with US all :D

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
If its that bad
At least we can complain on mass
A loud voice often gains attention or in our case a mob ;)
I'm sure none of us are backwards in coming forward :D :D

We'll push Gill to the front ;)

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Boysie said:
Snoops

Your concerns, is this purely the catering/food or does
that include the accomodation
It's the whole hotel tbh.

The only way I'm going to this hotel is if I do a reccie and Duncan has already asked me to do that.

I've organised many big do's in hotels that turned out not to be able to cope and it got very unpleasant with all the complaints and spoilt it for a lot of people whether they were affected or not.

Btw I do live my life to the full I'm just not chucking money at crap

Gill are you up for a run down ??

Snoops ont'apatalk

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Boysie, i dont mind being pushed up front, like a terrier with a bone if need be :D

Snoops, what did you have in mind, drive to you then as passenger, do it in one day, or stay over? oh the choices :D

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
You can come here and we can go in Zippy if u like let me sort out a day off.

Dunc do you want to meet us ?? Don't know if you'll be up north or down south ?? Prob looking at 1st week in Feb. Rather go on a week day so we can make an appointment with hotel.... Thoughts ??

Snoops ont'apatalk

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
OMG :-o thats terrible reading, glad i booked with a no fee cancellation policy :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.