Hi everyone

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I thought tarps were usually blue or green?;)

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Nolan, my first Z was a 3. I loved the car and it was the bestest thing I'd ever driven at the time. I'd owned allegedly better cars by then, but I adored that car.

Going up the grades doesn't really make a difference. The coolest thing in life is:

a. Owning what you can afford.
b. Having the time to enjoy it.
c. Being comfortable with what you've got.

If you master all of those you'll be in the pound seat.

I'm a lucky fellow to own an 8, but that is just an aspiration. I like many have trod a ladder. There will be many that would aspire to what you own. Moving up the ladder is nice, but being happy with what you've done and where you are is a great place.

Life seems to be a tread mill where we all try to get better and more, but trust me on this you are in a good place when you're contented!

It wouldn't break my heart to part with the 8, but it would break my heart to no longer have an open top car.... Truth!

There is an awful lot to be said for all of these cars. They have a great character and do what they say on the tin.

Having the time to get out and about is more important than the model. You'll meet a lovely type of person owning any, and the whole crux of the matter is friendship.

:)

Nolan

British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Nolan, my first Z was a 3. I loved the car and it was the bestest thing I'd ever driven at the time. I'd owned allegedly better cars by then, but I adored that car.

Going up the grades doesn't really make a difference. The coolest thing in life is:

I'm a lucky fellow to own an 8, but that is just an aspiration. I like many have trod a ladder. There will be many that would aspire to what you own. Moving up the ladder is nice, but being happy with what you've done and where you are is a great place.

Life seems to be a tread mill where we all try to get better and more, but trust me on this you are in a good place when you're contented!

It wouldn't break my heart to part with the 8, but it would break my heart to no longer have an open top car.... Truth!

There is an awful lot to be said for all of these cars. They have a great character and do what they say on the tin.

Having the time to get out and about is more important than the model. You'll meet a lovely type of person owning any, and the whole crux of the matter is friendship.

Hey Rev, very deep for this time of night but words spoken true. Not sure if they were meant for me in particular as I am probably one of the most content people you could meet (smoked far too much in previous years), lol. You are a lucky man to own a beautiful car but I'm sure you have worked very hard for the right to own it. Friendship itself, if it's true friendship, is worth more than any amount of money or possessions. The same stands with family as we are all aware. I personally could not ask for more in life but still can appreciate a good looking car and love mine for its good looks and BEIGE interior. Shouldn't really be writing this as long day at work and a few wines could lead me to reading this in the morning and wondering why I wrote it. Lol, anyway life is good! Wanna swap? Lol

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Hey Nolan,

I worked my butt off to get it so I'm not swopping, but I'll wish you all the best in your pursuits!

All I was trying to say was that you can have just as much fun in your life with a 3 or 4 as anything. When you've got a blue sky over head it doesn't matter.

My problem is I'm to busy working to enjoy!

Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Nolan

British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Too true. I am pretty much a novice with cars and the mechanics. My first car I truly loved was an opal manta. Recently, after having family cars for years and finally being in a position to get one just for me, I toyed with the idea of an mx5 or mg tf. I think I done the right thing and went for a z. Those curves, hmm. ... :wacky:

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
And you should hear that 8 growl! Wow!
We were talking about the lottery at work. I told everyone I had hit the lottery. They all looked at me with a question. I said I've a great wife and kid, a roof over my head that's paid for, food on the table, a nice car, am still able to work and 3 nice dogs and a great cat. What else am I looking for? Frankie

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9

I love this masterpiece of philosophy and I agree it entirely!:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rev

Nolan

British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
@bonzo I see. I like it. Good job we all have different tastes, be pretty boring if we all had the same thing. At least that explains the comments, I was getting paranoid. .. lol

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@Nolan, no comments were aimed directly at you, yet, that I can see! Please just don't wear Taupe trousers in any pics and you should avoid the flack of trying to explain the two when they blend into one colour. lol JIM

metalmickey

Zorg Addict
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Mine's cream with beige piping, two tone! We are still talking interior trim?
I've lost track. I get asked for beige all the time but I am in the carpet business and that colour is very popular.
MM (Mike).