Hi all, newbie Z3 2.8 owner

Krisztian Somodi

British Zeds
Model of Z
HI all. I have bought a year 2000 BMW Z3 2.8 with 70k miles in Titansilver, but it is a bit of a project.
Rust on sills, rust on rear wings, rust on front wings, but nothing on the bonnet. I have purchased the rear wings from FB marketplace in perfect condition, no rust from a Japanese import but in black. They are going straight to respray. X8R kit for double vanos is on the way, as I definitely can hear a bit of rattle. Also front Powerflex bushes are on the way. I am planning to treat the rusty bits after I remove the sills with POR15, as i have done this for other cars and it works really really well.

I am looking for 17 or 18 inch alloys, please send me images with anything, my car is currently on style 136 with decent tyres. If anyone is interested in these I am going to sell them for a good price.

I am also looking for a wind deflector, rear clear taillights, clear side indicators, silver door handles, a spare tire holder (mine is pretty rusty).

IMG_5765.jpeg
IMG_5764.jpeg

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bognor Regis :welcome:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome:to the forum from West Cumbria.

Staggered 18" MV3's
20200525_111331.jpg

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome: Some people who have revisited areas past treated with POR 15 have found it had failed and become a water trap.

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
Welcome, couple of pics of different wheels on mine 2.8 facelift.

Winter - 17" Style 78's, 7.5" front with 5mm spacers & 8.5" rears with 15mm spacers. 225/45/17 tyres upfront & 245/40/17 tyres on the rear.

Summer - 18" BBS LM Style, 8" front & 9" rear with 5mm spacers. 225/40/18 tyres upfront & 255/35/18 tyres on the rear.

Mine pretty much started out like yours. Check the link in my signature to see the progress thread :thumbsup:

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Hi, welcome from Mansfield :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi @Krisztian Somodi, :welcome: to the forum from me too in Staffordshire. I'm on 17" style 78s on both my Zeds.

Slam

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless. Mini GP 1379
Hi and welcome from London

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
HI all. I have bought a year 2000 BMW Z3 2.8 with 70k miles in Titansilver, but it is a bit of a project.
Rust on sills, rust on rear wings, rust on front wings, but nothing on the bonnet. I have purchased the rear wings from FB marketplace in perfect condition, no rust from a Japanese import but in black. They are going straight to respray. X8R kit for double vanos is on the way, as I definitely can hear a bit of rattle. Also front Powerflex bushes are on the way. I am planning to treat the rusty bits after I remove the sills with POR15, as i have done this for other cars and it works really really well.

I am looking for 17 or 18 inch alloys, please send me images with anything, my car is currently on style 136 with decent tyres. If anyone is interested in these I am going to sell them for a good price.

I am also looking for a wind deflector, rear clear taillights, clear side indicators, silver door handles, a spare tire holder (mine is pretty rusty).

View attachment 144433View attachment 144435
Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey...................................Frankie