Help with next tyre brand choice for 18" wheels

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Hi, I am running 18" wheels on my Z3 (255/35 R18 on the rear and 225/40 R18 on the front). I do find the they are finding the ruts in the round and about to change the tyre brand. Does anyone have any recommendations for suitable tyre brands?

Mad2718

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
A lot of people will ask the type of driving you are doing before recommending a brand etc . But having read a fair bit on here most seem to favour the Avon ZV7 tyres in which ever size you need.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Agree ZV7s are very good at reducing tramlining. Running 18” you are going to get that anyway though. Wear in any of the front bushes, especially the front control arm bushes (the lollipops) won’t help. Worth replacing just those ones with poly to reduce bump steer.

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Had the Avon ZV7’s fitted yesterday and has transformed the car - so much easier to drive, a lot more comfortable and gives me so much more confidence to drive.

jay edd

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
my car came with triangle (the name not the shape :) ) tyres. followed the advice and went for Avon zv 7 as dean b states, a different car. I loved it with the rubbish tyres, the improvement is significant. particularly the braking never mind the feel and feedback