Help with codes

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Using my Foxwell to try to read ABS but still no success , but on manual search went into ZKE module and these codes came up , mentions central locking but this works ok and apart from ABS car seems to work ok if I go to clear the codes I get a warning so is it safe to clear these

Attachments

NZ00Z3

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
New Zealand Zeds
Model of Z
3.0L, 2.8L, 2.0L Z3 Roadsters
What year is your 2.8Z3? If the build date is before 03/98, you will need to go to the E36 section to read the ABS.

For the Foxwell NT530 scanner
- connect to the 20 pin diagnostics plug under the bonnet/hood.
- Do a manual connection, go to the E36 section.
- answer yes to the question about the car being older than 03/98.
- select the ABS module in the list of modules and scan it.

Z3's built before 03/98 have a mix of OBD1/ADS and OBD2 modules. The Foxwell scanner is not smart enough to know about this and thinks that all Z3's are OBD2.

Last edited:

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Car is 11/98 build , there is an ABS thread elsewhere on here which you were a great help with in trying to resolve my issue but doing a smart and manual scan with the Foxwell going into e36 and z3 scans showed up the faults stored but can't find any list of what they mean

NZ00Z3

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
New Zealand Zeds
Model of Z
3.0L, 2.8L, 2.0L Z3 Roadsters
For the ZKE codes, delete them and see what comes back.

I'm sure that I have a link on my computer for the ZKE and ABS fault codes. Currently on a 3 week road trip and party marathon. Will next be in front of my computer on 30th November. Let me know if you are still in need of help then, and I'll look them up for you.

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Cheers Murray, enjoy your road trip and that sounds like a great party

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
So , car has been with auto electrician for diagnostic to try to work out why we cannot read abs module , his £8000 machine wouldn't read it either , he has worked out that pin 7 on the module is going to earth when we think it should go to the diagnostic connection under the bonnet to pin 20 , next job to find splice x183 which is under the dash somewhere behind the kick plate to test for continuity , question is when looking at wiring diagram it's based on left hand drive so on my right hand drive if diagram says on the left should I be looking on the right , I know silly question but not sure