HELP DAMP PASSENGER FLOOR only in a small area?

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Hi all,

i have noticed that i get a small amount of DAMP/Moisture on the passenger foot well its close to where the center console and the dash join but on the flat part of the footwell and not on the bank? anyone got any how twos and best way to check? without cutting carpet?

thanks in advance

Larry

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Water ingress can be a pain to trace because of the foam underneath the carpet, and that there are so many different paths for it to come in. I'm not sure it's an easy job to try and get
under the foot well carpet.

I would guess if it's damp in that location it's the rubber seal in the top left corner of the windscreen. Usually needs the small hole in the corner bunged up with some silicon sealant.

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
ah ok will have to look around for someone to remove it i think i would rather get a new seal.
yeah there is defiantly no damp on the drivers side just doubled checked as its been raining for the last couple of hours

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Ah right thank you i didn't realise it would be on the seal for the roof i will double check once the weather stops for 5min, with a hole there though i would assume the water would be to the door side not centre console side?

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
update Gaz thank you i have gone and check and i have exactly the same hole as that plus another smaller one slightly further on :D

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
still coming through its hammering down outside so went to check my job and it has seemed to do nothing! :( is there anyone in plymouth area willing to come over and have a quick look with me this week?

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
just uploading the pictures now i have done where you said about…but is still coming down passed the window and is now near the speaker and door sill.

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
sorry the photos haven't come out very well in the dark :(
i have some tarps over the roof for tonight even though thats full of holes from the damm dog its better than nothing ohh and a towel in the footwell

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
i have a feeling that on your picture Gaz the bigger hole out the two i possible didn't seal that correctly but other than that all i can think of is the windscreen might need to be re-sealed?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Looking at the pictures I'm wondering if it's that it's because it can't come through that hole it's finding the next available route, As you say the pictures aren't the best, but it could now be coming through the window seals instead. I can't quite make out exactly though :(

Either the seals need a good rub over with something like gummi pfledge (rubber care product) or the window isn't pushing hard enough in to the seal.

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Thanks Gaz not really sure i will plug that up some more tomorrow really don't like using the stuff but thankfully its not noticeable…yet… and see how this goes weather meant to be crap for the week though…it looks like there is enough pressure on the door…:( thanks for the help :)

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Yeah this is what i believer i haven't plugged properly will look at it tomorrow and post some pics up,

Ive also bought a new car cover as she will need it regardless even more so around plymouth with the seagulls about!

Last edited:

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Bruce&Kim thanks i have already seen them but sadly no there no good thats from the roof seal it self not the window part :(