Hello!

GinaT

Hi, I have had my 2001 Z3 for a year and I absolutely love it. I am having trouble with the central locking system and also my door pull handle has fallen off. I am wondering if anyone has any advice? I have been advised by a garage that I will need to get a new door card? Does any one have one for sale? Drivers door.

Many thanks
GT

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
Handle coming away is not uncommon and can generally be replaced without a new door card. New handles are very expensive though.
Hopefully, someone might have a serviceable second hand one.
Welcome by the way! :thumbsup:

GinaT

Handle coming away is not uncommon and can generally be replaced without a new door card. New handles are very expensive though.
Hopefully, someone might have a serviceable second hand one.
Welcome by the way! :thumbsup:
Thanks Ian

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
:welcome: to the forum from Cambridgeshire.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Drivers side door cards with intact door pulls areas rare as hens teeth Gina. Most people end up repairing them. Anyways welcome from me near Lincoln.

Tony.

Last edited:

rlane

RichL
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
Hi, I have had my 2001 Z3 for a year and I absolutely love it. I am having trouble with the central locking system and also my door pull handle has fallen off. I am wondering if anyone has any advice? I have been advised by a garage that I will need to get a new door card? Does any one have one for sale? Drivers door.

Many thanks
GT
Welcome from me in Hertfordshire. I have a 1.9 2001 Z3.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Welcome aboard the Forum, you have arrived at the best resource for all things Z.
Best ask our resident Z Breakers if they have an intact door card in the same colour as yours and use that if they have one.
@spurs fan in a coupe usually comes up with what you need.
Add your location and car details, engine size, colour and interior trim colour to your user details or make them into a signature so they appear in all of your posts, its useful for us to know what you have and where you are when answering your questions. You may also have members near you who can offer assistance if needed.
If your not sutre of the spec your car left the factory with you can do a Vin Decoder online which will give you details of your actual car. Just put in your 17 digit and letters of your cars Vin Number.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Gina and :welcome: to the forum from me too in Stafford.