Hello

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
Hello, thanks for letting me join.

I'm perhaps a little early to introduce myself to some degree as I won a 2.8 Coupe with 32,500 miles in the Tokyo Auctions just last week and am now counting down the days until it arrives 8-10 weeks! LHD and auto but will likely be manual swapping in due course. It needs a little bit of tidying up, particularly in terms of paint, but is otherwise a clean and genuine car that I hope it'll prove to be a great investment once completed (not that it's going anywhere as far as I'm concerned!).

I've always been into my cars and whilst I do something else for a living am the 4th generation of a motor trade main dealer family started by my great grandfather in 1894 - what can I say, it's in the blood! I've generally had something fun in the garage but ever since Mrs W decreed "no more motorcycles" I've had a daily and then a summer car. My daily is an Audi TTS Coupe that I've had quite some time, but also had in recent times a 2.2 VX220, a MK1 Golf Cabriolet, amongst others. I can feel Mrs W rolling her eyes as I type this!

The Zed Coupe represents a dream car for me and whilst I've fantasized over the M since seeing one on the M4 in 1998 (a moment laser engraved on my memory!) and having nearly got an M in 2005 when they were still affordable, I finally thought enough is enough and have been working with an importer since January to snag a 2.8 or 3.0 in the auctions as theoretically the most affordable way to get one.

I've attached a few auction pics - be gentle, it needs a little work and frankly i can't wait to get stuck in.

Hope to chat to you guys in due course.

Mike

PS: if anybody is Oxford area say hello! :)

Last edited:

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
Well that didn't go as planned! Posts wrong way round! :whistle:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi and welcome from me near Lincoln.

Tony

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bognor Regis :welcome:

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: from me too in Stafford.