Hello, New To This Site Not New To the Z3

Steve F

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Roadster 1.9, 1.9 DASC, 2.5i and an M
Hello,
I just joined this forum. I have participated in other forums over the years and am looking for another source of information on the Z.

Currently I own several Z3s. The 2.5i I purchased new in 2001 has 220,000 miles on it. It remains very clean and doesn't get driven as much in the last few years.

I own a 98 M44 with DASC and will be flying out to pickup a 97 with DASC over the weekend.

I also own a 98 M44n/a and a 98 M Roadster. I plan on selling the M in a few months.

I also have two Z as parts cars.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
welcome to the forum, you are very lucky to own so many Zs ☺

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Welcome Steve,
That's an impressive collection and a lot to care for. As already requested line them up and send a photo.

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
It's so funny to say "Welcome Steve!" to somebody who has five Z3 and two additional for parts!!!!!!!!:)
More appropriate would be "Welcome Your Majesty King Zed!":shy:
Would like to see your collection (in photos) and now I'll feel free to think on the next Zed, when some room will appear in my yard.......:happy:
Thank you for offering "support"!;)
The forum couldn't be complete without you!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
:welcome: from me too. Great to have you with us.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Welcome Steve,
That's an impressive collection and a lot to care for. As already requested line them up and send a photo.
He can't line them up! He'd be blocking my driveway/ Welcome, Steve, from New Jersey. Sounds like a super collection. We're all looking forward to seeing them. We all might be a bit jealous of you. You'll be happy here as there are a great bunch of guys here. A lot of good knowledge to be found. No matter which car you might have a question about, several members have the same model and will share their experience. I would think, though, with the collection you have your knowledge base must be considerable already. We're glad to have you with us. Frankie

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
:welcome: Hi and welcome Steve you must be a real Z fan. Look forward to seeing the collection.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Welcome to the Forum, Steve, glad you found us.:)

I wonder what you would call so many Zeds? A Flock? A Herd? Perhaps A Pride! Yes that fits the bill!!!:cool:

Please explain the engine options in the States, I don't believe they ever produced a 2.5 for the European Market:confused: We had 1.8s, 1.9s, both 4 pots, 2Ltr, 2.2s, 2.8s, 3Ltr and of course the 3.2Ltr ///Ms 6 pots.

Mike & Sandy

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Welcome from north country Canada. Quite the collection you've built up. If you run out of storage I've got 4 acres at home and another 5 at my son's almost next door. Drop in for a beer anytime! JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hey Jim, I'm curious, being by far the oldest mechanic, fitter, technician (they get touchy how you refer to them these days) where I work I get referred to as "Dad", "Poppa Smurf" etc. If there were a comma in your forum name would it be old, carman or oldcar, man? You don't need to answer. Just a curious older guy.lol P.s. how is winter progressing? Cheers, Tony.;)

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
T-tony, they are all good choices, old, carman present; oldcar, man, for the 60's which applied then and now; and by the sounds of it, oldest trumps your older, I think but it could very well just be that the meds today are better.
Winter ended officially and spring sprung with a snow fall. My granddaughter, Trinity jumped off her trampoline into snow to her arm pits yesterday. Temps will finally be above freezing for more than a day next week and the end of March is typically blizzard warning time. This is our worst winter for snow and cold with more-40 -50* days and about 50" of snow. It looks like I'll pick my car up in June and hopefully most of the 2500 mi drive won't be in snow. But I did buy the hardtop for a reason and the power windows go up and down so could get a breeze blowing through at least. Looking forward to summer whenever both days get here, hopefully they'll be together and not a month apart. I really should have planned better and flown over, used the car for six months in the UK and shipped it later in the year. Next one maybe. JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well Jim I truly hope your 2 summer days come together. Why don't you drive it down to Florida and we could meet and have a beer. Is September too late for your winter to start? My grandson Xander looking like he might take over the Z when I can't manage it any more
021.jpg

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
That's the kind of smile I love to see on kids in a car. Trinity has been my assistance since she could walk. Her question every morning on summer break is" can we go work in the shop today grampa" Last year, unfortunately health problems only allowed me 3 1/2 hrs there and that was to fix the riding mower. But those good drugs I take paint a better picture for this year, so far. That is one of the reasons I wanted a driver, as my other projects aren't quite near ready for cruisin'. Also bought a 250 honda scooter with a sidecar so Trin can ride with me safely as the big bike is a bit scary for her yet. But I also have a sidecar to go with it now, just have to install it. Hoping the weather is good but the Zed has a top so we can get out no matter what. Florida sounds great but we 're her legal guardians and she does have school but maybe spring break when she goes to her other gran's. You're always welcome the head here and see what winter has to offer, ice fishing, snowmobiling, hockey, x-country skiing to name a few. Jim

B

bonzo

Hey Jim, I'm curious, being by far the oldest mechanic, fitter, technician (they get touchy how you refer to them these days) where I work I get referred to as "Dad", "Poppa Smurf" etc. If there were a comma in your forum name would it be old, carman or oldcar, man? You don't need to answer. Just a curious older guy.lol P.s. how is winter progressing? Cheers, Tony.;)
Technicians are the ones that wear those thin blue rubber gloves, mechanics and fitters wouldn't be seen dead in them. :D

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Right Bonzo, fingernails were meant to be chipped off not manicured and wheel grease keeps those splits from infecting.