Hello fromShropshire

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hi, my name is Tony married to Jeano living in North Shropshire. I had a beautiful Burnt Sienna Z3 for 9 years and foolishly sold it 3 years ago to buy a Mercedes that i never gelled with which has now been replaced with an XF Jaguar. But there is still a hole in my life where the Z used to be, made even worse by the fact that my wife has now even admitted to missing it and wanting another one saying that i should have just kept it! A little late now.lol. The upshot is that we are looking for a tidy 6 cylinder Z3 preferably a sport with decent history and miles but not neccesarily immaculate as i don't want a garage queen it's going to be used. Cash waiting for the right car or i have a Buell X1 lightening owned from new in 2001 that i may trade, but that will maybe be a mistake as 3 years down the line swmbo will probably say i should have kept it and this intro will be rewritten on the Buell website.
What is it about the Z3 that gets into your blood? I spent along time looking for my last one paid a lot of money for it at 3 years old with 19000 miles on the clock and never once regretted a penny of it. After 9 years of ownership and another 60000 miles added it still attracted car park attention and comments about how good it looked. The styling is ageless,it was designed to be retro and will never date, like an Austin Healy 3000 or a Triumph Stag is gets better with age, just like me then. Add in the fact that it's reliable and cheap to maintain, just like me again, and it becomes a no brainer for anyone wanting a 2 seater with a rag roof.
So that's me in a nutshell, a Z3 enthusiast who has just found out that his wife is a closet Z3 enthusiast.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Hi and welcome :p
I hope you find the Z you are looking for ;)
We had a Z3 about 4 years ago and I still miss it :)
We did get a Z4 a few weeks later but the 3 will always have a place in my heart :)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi @Lazzzydog welcome to our forum. Hope you soon find a car for you and the secret Z3 fan. Enjoy.:):)

Tony.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hi @Lazzzydog, from Truro. There is something that is truly infectious about these great little cars, but then it seems you already know that.

@t-tony has a nice Zed for sale

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome messages. Unfortunately we are not looking for an auto box so @t-tony's car is not for us but we do have a bid on a car on ebay that ticks most of our requirements.

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Is it the black one from Yoevil with the Red roof

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi @Lazzzydog,:welcome: to the forum from me too, not too far away in Staffordshire. Best of luck with your search:)

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Not the one in Yeovil. More miles on the clock than what i am after but a very nice car. We may have to compromise later on but not this early in our search.

Mrs Mint

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport
:welcome: from @Mint other half (some say better) Good Luck with your search, hope you find your new Z3 soon :)

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Welcome Tony and thanks for your open declaration! It's a total satisfaction for any Zed owner!
That's shows to trust always women's instinct! We all do here!
You are in a good place here, on this forum and with some patience you will get a Zed who will change owner and needs TLC; we had similar cases which ended great for both parts, seller and buyer. (And the cold season is the best time to buy and prepare a Zed for next summer.)
Happy to have you aboard!

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Hello and :welcome:, nice intro. Hope you are reunited soon.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hello and welcome from me in South Yorkshire. I did the same a few years back sold a lovely 2.8 i had just got right, it was a need at the time but a loss . Have to say buying another has given me back my love of owning a great car.No other car has really ever ticked all the boxes. Even sat on the drive or returning to a carpark, i look and think shes a fantastic looking machine and the body lines the zed carries of to perfection unlike any modern car i could ever afford to purchase.
Hope you hunt is fruitful and welcome back to future ownership of a gem....