Hello from Worcester

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
Hi all.

I've had a Z3 for over 6 years and just recently changed it for a newer one so thought I'd join in the fun. My mate MidLifeCrisis has also been badgering me as I keep asking him for help, response 'join the bloody forum and ask the question' :)...so here I am.

Top picture below is the old car, totally standard Topaz Blue 1.9 and the second is the new one...spot the difference (assuming I've added the links properly). The new one is a 2.2 with a sports interior, although it's a roadster, and the seats could do with a refurb.

So far I've given it a good interior clean, wash/wax and sealed the roof and looked lovely and clean until the rain came down, full of dust and it got covered in stuff from the trees next to the house :mad:. New pads and discs ordered to go on some time soon. I'm hoping to join in a few cruises when time allows and meet a few fellow zedders.

I have absolutely no technical knowledge at all so will be asking for advice from all you clever people...be gentle :happy:.

David

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Welcome from Aylesbury :thumbsup:

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Hi from Mansfield.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
:welcome: Hi and welcome from me too :coolsteer)

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hello and welcome

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Hi all.

Top picture below is the old car, totally standard Topaz Blue 1.9 and the second is the new one...spot the difference (assuming I've added the links properly).

I have absolutely no technical knowledge at all so will be asking for advice from all you clever people...be gentle :happy:.

David
The chrome window surround has relocated to the side Gills
Both look nice Zeds

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

You've got it, billz, it took a lot of trimming and shaping :D

The sound of the 6 pot is superb. I've found that I don't need the radio, just listen to the engine and much smoother than the 1.9.

Can anyone recommend somebody in the Midlands to have a look at the seats? They could really do with a good clean and re-dye as the colour is starting to go.

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hello and welcome from The Vale of Glamorgan.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi David, welcome from me near Lincoln. Several members have re dyed their seats and say it's a simple job with a lot of satisfaction. Anything you may need to know is here at the click of a mouse, just ask and enjoy.:)

Tony.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Can anyone recommend somebody in the Midlands to have a look at the seats? They could really do with a good clean and re-dye as the colour is starting to go.
Try this guy.http://www.mobileleatherrepairs.co.uk/leather-car-seat-repairs/
I am going to give him a call to do mine when the weather is better. Not sure of the standard of his work. But i spoke to him last year but we could not agree a mutual date due to both our commitments. You will need to give the seats at least 24 to 48 hours to cure so unless you can leave the car then like me you will need someone who is willing to come to you.
You can also use Furnature Clinic but these guys require you to remove your seats and deliver them to there workshop

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
I would love to have a go myself but it's space that's the space that's the problem, Tony. The garage is full of stuff with just enough room to walk through.

Thanks billz, I'll take a look.

PHILIP BAXTER

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Roadster
Hi David, and welcome from Cardiff. Enjoy the forum mate.