Hello From Sydney Australia

The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Hello, I've been a BMW fan driving E46s and lately E90s but I've just acquired a 1998 red 1.9l Z3.

Had a history of driving MX-5s in the past but I've always fancied a Z3 since I became a BMW fan so I'm very happy to have finally found a decent example of a basic Z3 in my favourite sports car colour.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Hello and a big welcome from me. You will probably fined Titan on later telling you all about his trips down under.........;)

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Welcome from sunny Wales .A few of my countrymen are coming over to teach you guys how to play a nice little game we have over here called rugby,enjoy.

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Welcom from mars .we beemed down to Brisbane for a month at christmas .only saw 2 Z3's and 1 Z4. Mind u the prices over there OUCH!
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Welcome - sounds like you've got my Zeds - long lost twin - enjoy it.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
G'day Sport :) and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a name or shall we forever call you 196806 ?
I'd love recreate our road trip from Brizvegas to Cape Tribulation in a Zed especially the bit from Cairns north. It wasn't quite the same in a Mitsubishi V6 tin box!

Sent from m'iPhone using TappetTorque

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
G'day Sport :) and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a name or shall we forever call you 196806 ?
I'd love recreate our road trip from Brizvegas to Cape Tribulation in a Zed especially the bit from Cairns north. It wasn't quite the same in a Mitsubishi V6 tin box!

Sent from m'iPhone using TappetTorque
Told you.......:smug:

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Welcome from me too, hope get chance to drive your zed lits as it sounds like you have found a good one especially as they are so much rarer in that part of the world.

Enjoy the site.

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Hello and welcome, my daughter has just returned from sidney after spending a year there, they loved it. pics of car required please :happy:

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
Hello Sydney,
Welcome to this crazy place. Lets see some pics of the zeddy and maybe a few sheep as well whilst you are at it.

The M44 Massive
Model of Z
No sheep (maybe you're thinking of New Zealand?) but managed to snap a pic or three of my Z3.

Note: These shots were taken in my front yard. It's Winter. Sydney style. I think it was 20 degrees-c with the sun shining about midday.

Does anyone know what colour red this actually is?

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Cracking looking Zed. Worthwhile waiting for the piccies! :cool:

Does anyone know what colour red this actually is?
If you open your bonnet and look on the front suspension towers you should see a label that says "Hellrot" (or "Hell Red" translated in to english).

Gary

BIG DAVE

Dedicated Member
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
z3
looks like hellrot red same as mine best colour don't listen to the rest redzed all the way:):):)
big dave​

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Welcome and if you want someone to clean your Zed regular if you just supply me with a working visa I will fit that in and pay my own way over! I would never come back that is for sure. Loved it when I spent 6 month touring over their and would give everything up here to be able to live there!

By the way welcome to the forum! your'll enjoy the banter we all do.

The M44 Massive
Model of Z
It isn't a bad place to live, that's for sure, although it is too far from the rest of civilization (and too far to drive to European Grands Prix).

The Aussie dollar is dropping... 10 cents in a little over a week versus the US... maybe it's time to invest some dollars in the share market and qualify for a business investor type visa.

Yes, it's in beautiful condition. 97 build. I want to keep it clean and factory fresh where ever possible. Drove a 2.2 litre and a 2.8 litre before I settled on this one. The sixes are sublime but I've only ever driven 4s and somehow I'm attracted to small things requiring more driver skill than HP to go fast.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Fuel consumption "they Say" is higher on the four's but they have less weight in the nose and are supposed to handle better round the twisties. My self I only have 2.8's so can't say. I know Nutty_Hazels 2.0 ltr is still fun round the twisties when I drove it home for her but that is the baby sixer, I have not driven a four though I know on the Westcountry cruise all the models kept up without problems.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I have not driven a four though I know on the Westcountry cruise all the models kept up without problems.
Particularly the "four" who kicked the back end out at the bottom of Porlock Hill ;)

The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Well, my 1.9 has virtually the same power to weight ratio as my E90 320i so I don't notice anything different to what I'm used to save for the incredibly software clutch in the E90 and the firmer suspension.

And yes, mine is Hell Red.