Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Montana, the Big Sky Country

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by georgeg, Jan 11, 2014.

1. georgeg

georgeg Newbie
    American Zeds

Hello from Montana, the Big Sky Country. I am still wondering why I bought this 2000 Z3. I probably won't get it out of garage until May or June. I have a fogged air cleaner that makes me nervous around slush,snow,water and ice. I suppose it will be alright as long as I Don' t submerge it like a boat or other water device. I'm sure I will be asking questions as we go. Thanks for being kind.........old people need kindness.George Groesbeck Butte Montana USA

2. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

Hi and welcome to the forum. Ask away, we have plenty of members who will answer questions......

3. Stormy_be

Stormy_be Zorg Guru (I)
    Belgian Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Young people need kindness too.....mostly it's given by old people :drinks:

Regards, Koen

4. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    Just a quick "Hi" from a Jersey Boy. Jumped online for a few secs before I leave for work. Can use a computer at work later. Frankie

5. Boysie

Boysie Zorg Guru (I)
    Supporter British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster S50
    Hi and Welcome to the site
    Enjoy

6. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Welcome @georgeg :welcome:

Would be lovely to see some pictures of your Zed, should it ever break cover :). Oh, and remember the only silly question is the one you never asked!

Gary

P.S. I've moved your original post (and replies) in a to a new thread to make it easier for people to see your welcome post :cool:

7. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    Hi Georgeg, Glad you found us, welcome to our forum, :welcome: there are some really knowledgeable Zedders on here, always wiling to help, loads of Guys from 'over the pond', (as Frankie calls it). joined lately too!:cool:

Waiting now for some pics of your Zed, it's tradition.:computer:

Mike & Sandy

#7 EnthuZiaZT, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. Mint

Mint Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    1st Z3 | 2.2 | Sport | Individual 2nd - Z3 | 3.0 | Sport
    :welcome: to the forum from me too Georgeg. It would be great to see some pics of your Zed (good or bad);)

9. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Welcome from me too would be great to get a glimpse of your zed if you get chance. :D

10. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)

Model of Z:
    Z3
    Hi again and welcome to the group. They're a really great bunch of guys here and a tremendous wealth of knowledge about the cars. As you probably already know, the boys from the other side of the pond refer to the z BMWs as zeds the way we call them bimmers. Took me a short while to get used to it. Also the terms: hood, bonnet, boot and windscreen and others, you'll understand if you follow the context in which they're used. They use a few colloquial expressions which are over my head but there is no question they won't answer. And someone in the forum usually knows the answer. I've only been a member a short time and they've made feel very comfortable. And they're all a lot of fun. They have a great sense of humor.
    I've only been in Montana briefly. A friend of mine from Philadelphia got tired of living in the East and went to work on a ranch in Circle, Montana.. He later attended the University of Montana to learn horseshoeing. He later moved to Newcastle, Wyo. I used to pal around with him out there and we used to go on drunks into Custer (aaah, the Goldpan saloon) and Deadwood, (the No.10, Dakota Territory saloon, the Buffalo saloon) SD. You've probably been in the No.10 saloon in Deadwood where Wild Bill Hickok was shot. Used to go in there and play ragtime on the piano and tourists thought I worked there. Later, he used to work a huge excavator (shovel) for Arco's Thunder Basin Coal Mine.
    Lately, there have been several new members join the forum from the US, mostly from the east coast, and one from Texas. We've been toying with the idea of having some particular name for the US contingent just as several areas of the UK have their own sections, such as from Scotland, East Anglia, etc.
    So, its nice to have a new member, esp. from the US. I'm feeling less and less outnumbered. Let me know if I can help you with anything, Frankie

11. zedonist

zedonist Guest

Middle Age People need beer! Welcome to the forum, great place for questions :beer

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DivideBYZero

DivideBYZero Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.2
    Welcome! Get that thing running! I had mine out in the winter sun today, top down. Great fun and at one point I was getting too hot, even with the roof down!

13. t-tony

t-tony Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 Auto
    Hi and a big welcome from me too Georgeg everything has been said really. I'm a new member too and really enjoy the forum,helpful,friendly and funny too what more could you ask? By the way - A man is only as old as he feels. I think today I'm ninety.

14. bessieblue

bessieblue Zorg Guru (II)
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Hi Georgeg a big welome from me to , great to hear from across the water. Have you had snow in Montana ?

15. Brian4

Brian4 Zorg Guru (IV)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z3 3.0i Auto
    Another welcome from me. Bored on a Sunday afternoon so checked on wikipedia?? Montana 147000sq miles UK 94000 sq miles, Polulation Density Montana 6.86/ sq mile UK 662/ sq mile, so I suppose that means we don't have to travel so far to meet up But those from Montana have less congestion so better driving getting together.

Pictures please either of the zed or Big Sky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)

Model of Z:
    Z3
    When I was out in Wyoming, I thought I might work at the coal mine where my friend worked. He gave me directions out from the town of Newcastle. Go to the last street you can make a left on when leaving town and make a left. When the road comes to a 'T', make another left, then make the next right. Make sure you get gas before you leave." I had a half tank and almost ignored the request. I got to the mine. 125 miles later.

17. ge45ton

ge45ton Zorg Legend
    East Anglian Crew The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44
    Hello George, You'll love the Zed when you get chance to take for a day out, there must be some excellent drives where you are. Even on a cold dry day its worth a trip out somewhere with the top down and the heater blasting out. We're coming over to Montana later this year with luck, Amtrak to Glacier national park then hire a car, may go down through Butte to Yellowstone. Any problems then just put up a post, everyone on here is really helpful an knowledgeable.

18. bonzo

bonzo Guest

Or as Groucho Marx once remarked, "A man is only as old as the woman he feels,"