Status
Not open for further replies.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
As many will know until recently I have been tracking "Black" my Black BMW Z3! Well I was "ADVISED" last year at Cadwell Park that I was pushing the car well but I needed to consider that something is likley to fail due to that, and that I needed roll protection. To cut a long story Short "Black" has now been retired apart from an outing for @Nutty_Hazel at Keevil early in July. I have managed to purchase a failed Westfield kit car project to be "Blacks" replacement and as it will not be going on the road other than on a trailer I have to somehow make sure it is up to track days so I have hired the test track at the Yeovil Haynes Motor Museum for the Sunday 5th October. (I need to be clear the track is ONLY for the use of the car on test i.e. my Westfield) however I would like to invite anyone that wishes too, to come along and poke fun at me and the new car and visit the museum that day.
Allen Tiso the BMWCC Southwest Region chair is going to publicise the event as well and we have a BMW CCGB and Zroadster.ORG (and Duncan's Friend's..yes I do have some) group booking rate arranged for a group of 15 or more so the prices will be:
ADULT/SENIOR ..........£9.95 INSTEAD OF £13.50
CHILD under 15 ..........£4.95 INSTEAD OF£7.95
GROUPS OF MORE THAN 15 GET A FREE GUIDED TOUR OF THE MUSEUM (provided that I let them know a reasonable time before we get there so that they can arrange the staff) This is now confirmed as numbers are up to about 25

so if you would please just register intent at this stage it would be great!

Payments will be on the day we think, but we will get a better feel for that with indications of numbers as time progresses

Last edited:

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Reserved for further details etc

Museum Atendees (and watching the testing)
Steve Lane
Mike Brown & Rachel (West Country Cruise @MikeE89 I think )
@Nutty_Hazel
@Peter Cruse + Mrs
@GazHyde
@pgunter
@Lee + Mrs + Trevor + Mrs (4 peeps 2 cars)
Paul and Elayna
Charlie, Jenny, & Brooke
Richard Joy + 2
11 from BMWCC South Devon
5 from BMWCC South West

Track team
Duncan @La_vida_diver
Alan

Update 24 September 2014 we are using the attached to ensure our group discount so please download and print before arrival.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
If I were closer I would be there Duncan, have a great day.

Brian

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
Hi Duncan is there any places left for the test track ?

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
If I were closer I would be there Duncan, have a great day.
Brian
Brian I know you would and I hope we will get together sometime soon. Our next Trackdays are with Steve at Cadwell and Oulton as he had a deal for the two which we have taken up and I liked the idea of the first track day for the new track car being Cadwell, as you know I have a soft spot for Cadwell

Hi Duncan is there any places left for the test track ?
Bruce I am afraid that the test track on this occasion is for just the one car at present it is not like a track day it is just for testing it costs about half as much again for each extra car and that is then reducing the amount of time for testing the car. So in this case no but maybe on a different occasion once I have seen the track and facilities maybe we could do something. I am not sure that it is a suitable track for the zed's anyway.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
@Nutty_Hazel was here today helping me and took a call from Kathleen from the South Devon group of BMWCC and they are bringing 11 people so, so far we have a group of over 20 coming so the guided tour will definitely be on.

I will check what other BMWCC groups might be coming?

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Just to confirm for folks that we now have enough numbers to get the Free Guided tour and it is planned for 11:30 there is also planned to be a meet up before and cruise in about the last 10 or so miles, Alan Tiso and Kathleen Jemfrey's from BMWCC GB are pulling that together as I will be focused on the Westy and getting that on track.

I will post more details when I have them. Any queries just post and I will get back as Quick as I can but currently working all the hours I can getting the car built. Engine not yet fired up so could be a red duck for all I know. LOL

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
BUMP due to an update to the second post.
Does anyone have any Questions?
I am surprised that we are going to be outnumbered pretty significantly by BMW Car Club at this one.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
BY the way if you do want to come the only reason I need to know is tot let them know how many people to cater for on the Guided tour. Other than it would be nice to know who is coming.

If you do not wish to do that then just print off the discount voucher and turn up. no problems.

Peter Cruse

British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i
As many will know until recently I have been tracking "Black" my Black BMW Z3! Well I was "ADVISED" last year at Cadwell Park that I was pushing the car well but I needed to consider that something is likley to fail due to that, and that I needed roll protection. To cut a long story Short "Black" has now been retired apart from an outing for @Nutty_Hazel at Keevil early in July. I have managed to purchase a failed Westfield kit car project to be "Blacks" replacement and as it will not be going on the road other than on a trailer I have to somehow make sure it is up to track days so I have hired the test track at the Yeovil Haynes Motor Museum for the Sunday 5th October. (I need to be clear the track is ONLY for the use of the car on test i.e. my Westfield) however I would like to invite anyone that wishes too, to come along and poke fun at me and the new car and visit the museum that day.
Allen Tiso the BMWCC Southwest Region chair is going to publicise the event as well and we have a BMW CCGB and Zroadster.ORG (and Duncan's Friend's..yes I do have some) group booking rate arranged for a group of 15 or more so the prices will be:
ADULT/SENIOR ..........£9.95 INSTEAD OF £13.50
CHILD under 15 ..........£4.95 INSTEAD OF£7.95
GROUPS OF MORE THAN 15 GET A FREE GUIDED TOUR OF THE MUSEUM (provided that I let them know a reasonable time before we get there so that they can arrange the staff) This is now confirmed as numbers are up to about 25

so if you would please just register intent at this stage it would be great!

Payments will be on the day we think, but we will get a better feel for that with indications of numbers as time progresses
Hi I'm a new member and I want to attend on the 5th October please

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi I'm a new member and I want to attend on the 5th October please
Hi Peter, it will be great to have you join us! I'll add you to the list of attending.

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
After a very good Santa Pod this should be real fun. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Lee

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
HI Guys I have let the Museum know that our numbers are now larger than the size of the Tour so with luck they will be able to arrange an extra Guide to lay on two guided tours. I think number are going to be over 40 so many thanks and it should be a good giggle. I am actually disappointed that I shall be on track rather than joining with you guys on the Guided tour. At least I will get a chance to chat at the compulsory lunch break even if it is only a ½ hour. The Westfield is away today getting the carbs and inanition set up so this is my first chance to try and catch up ion my OU studies but just had to thanks everyone for last weekend and the coming one!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
If it helps with the numbers I'm happy to sit out of the guided tour and amble around at my own pace. Was coming to support and watch you rather than the museum anyway ;)

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
no Gary it is fine! Join in, it will be a good tour apparently, and they are close two filling two tour groups anyway. They also have two other groups both with tours as well that day, so no it will be fine. The cost of the extra tour is down to the Museum anyway and I think they are pleased with the numbers we have generated I think if we want to do it again another time we will get a good deal and a number of people have asked me about getting on the track so it adds to my ability to negotiate with them if we have delivered a good event anyway.

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
Sounds like another good day coming up. The web site for the museum looks very good too. Who will be the first one to ask if they have a book on the Z3.. haha..

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Where and what time do we meet ?
There are a few of us meeting up near the A34/A303 junction to travel down the rest of the journey. @pgunter should be able to put the details here, not sure sure why he hasn't yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.