• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD H & R lowering springs

Craig Giblett

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Joined
Aug 16, 2016
Points
28
Location
Edinburgh
Model of Z
Sport
Up for sale are my H & R -30mm lowering springs for 6 cylinder Z3's.

I bought these new in September '16 for £213 plus delivery.

Lucky if these have done 1 mile since purchase. They were fitted to my car on standard shocks, then removed and Bilstiens put on with these springs but I've now changed to Apex springs in a quest to get the car lower again.

As my Z is somewhat of a project it's not on the road so literally no mileage has been done on them!

They are as new in terms of use but do have paint damage from being off / on a couple of times - isn't detrimantal to the performance of the springs however.

Genuine reason for sale as noted.

Bargain price £100 plus postage.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4120.webp
    IMG_4120.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4121.webp
    IMG_4121.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4122.webp
    IMG_4122.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 147
Someone was on about wanting to lower their car the other day, can't remember who it was now.
 
Thanks Stevo ure right mate I was and still am,but the front on my car is quite low, and the rear a little high,30 ml would kill the front as I have about 10 ml to play with, but the rears as my friend rudely pointed out the other day, could do with some off those bristley things on double decker buses,between the rear wheels and arches,ba++++d him!! Craig there worth every penny for what ure asking ,and H @ R are top quality and don't sag after while, there a bargain!!!
 
Last edited:
I thought these would be snapped up. Cracking buy for somebody.
 
I thought you were going to go for BC coilovers? And why do the Apex springs work better than the H & R with the bilsteins?

This lowering lark is all new to me.. But being that I've decided to run 17" and I've got spacers to go on at some point lowering might be inevitable? Are coilovers the only way ride height can be adjusted? What is a 30mm drop all round like? Standard?
 
I thought you were going to go for BC coilovers? And why do the Apex springs work better than the H & R with the bilsteins?

This lowering lark is all new to me.. But being that I've decided to run 17" and I've got spacers to go on at some point lowering might be inevitable? Are coilovers the only way ride height can be adjusted? What is a 30mm drop all round like? Standard?
Apex drop 40mm so a bit lower
 
Great price, wish we didn't have huge speed bumps either end of our village. My car is standard height and I have to slow down to a crawl to get over them without bottoming out.
I've already wacked my front bumper too on high kerbs. I think Z3's look great lowered, but I wouldn't be able to afford the repair bills
 
Great price, wish we didn't have huge speed bumps either end of our village. My car is standard height and I have to slow down to a crawl to get over them without bottoming out.
I've already wacked my front bumper too on high kerbs. I think Z3's look great lowered, but I wouldn't be able to afford the repair bills

This is what I was thinking Garry, you may have made me think twice.... Would be heartbreaking to badly snag a bumper... Speed bumps all over where I live. They are a really good bargain though...a really cheap way of getting the job done, I know it's on a lot of peoples to do lists.
 
This is what I was thinking Garry, you may have made me think twice.... Would be heartbreaking to badly snag a bumper... Speed bumps all over where I live. They are a really good bargain though...a really cheap way of getting the job done, I know it's on a lot of peoples to do lists.

I've got 30mm springs and a splitter on mine and never have a problem with bumps
 
Good afternoon.

The springs are available yes.

Postage - quite heavy item so I'd imagine it would be £15-£20 or thereabouts.

Craig
 
Just make sure you know that M springs and non M springs don't cross over. The front spring diameter is different.
 
These aren't M springs....

They are for a 6 cylinder, and were fitted to my 2.2 sport.
 
These aren't M springs....

They are for a 6 cylinder, and were fitted to my 2.2 sport.

Cheers craig,

The M's are also 6 cyl and you have an M in your profile picture. Was just to save confusion :)
 
SOLD!

Enjoy @willgordon. You got a bargain!
 
Back
Top