• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Gumtree 108's

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
May 4, 2015
Points
246
Location
South Yorkshire
Model of Z
2.8
Nice set and a fair price.
tmp_8159-Screenshot_20170214-1937011754487160.webp
 
You need to space them to fit a 3 they are staggered i think offsets are 47 and 50 on these a zed is 41 as standard.:thumbsup:
 
Thats a steal at that price even with some lip damage.
 
So easy to maintain only having 5 spokes, I paid £160 for mine but they needed a full refurb, look great with a polished rim
DSC04540.webp
 
That's the set that I bought via Ebay. Two of them had more curbing damage than I could discern from the photos though. I took one of the centres out today and one of the bolt heads was only held in by black mastic - bit naughty.
 
That's the set that I bought via Ebay. Two of them had more curbing damage than I could discern from the photos though. I took one of the centres out today and one of the bolt heads was only held in by black mastic - bit naughty.
That is a bit naughty to say the least, I snapped 2 when doing mine and rounded one, the snapped one where easy to remove but the rounded one was a bloody pain in the ass,
 
Thanks I'll probably try that. I have a very poor history of extracting broken studs and bolts and never look forward to that job.
 
How did you remove the snapped ones Sean?

Steve if you have trouble geting the stud out you could allways take it to an engineering company to have it sparked out and re-tapped?
should only charge you £35 (cash job)
 
Just had a minor panic when the last bolt in the wheel stripped out the spline. Just when I was about to drill the head off, I thought no and wacked the next size torx bit in with a club hammer and then carefully eased it until it broke free. Worth trying if that happens to anyone.
 
Just had a minor panic when the last bolt in the wheel stripped out the spline. Just when I was about to drill the head off, I thought no and wacked the next size torx bit in with a club hammer and then carefully eased it until it broke free. Worth trying if that happens to anyone.
Wish I'd tried that, they are titanium and mine was a bloody nightmare to drill, also took a lump hammer to split a couple of them once the bolts where out
 
The more I read about this the more I think I'll try removing, cleaning and refitting each bolt while the rims are on the car. At least then you have something "solid" to work with which might aid in loosening the bolts. The "Turbines" and runflats might end up going back on then till I can afford a proper re-furb.:)

Tony.

ps. Are they 8mm spline bolts please @Sean d ?
 
Back
Top