Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got some pics of the new (used) car taken myself, BUT.......

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by FRANKIE, Sep 24, 2014.

1. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    I took some pics of the used car I bought. It was the one that only some of you could open last time due to the fact that the previous owner deleted the post on Craigslist........... 3b.jpg 3e.jpg 3f.jpg 3g.jpg 3h.jpg 3i.jpg 3j.jpg 3a.jpg 3b.jpg

However, this is a picture of the seat........... 3c.jpg

I went online to look for seats and found this........

seat1.jpg seat2.jpg

REALLY BEAUTIFUL SEATS....I called the dealership to ask if these seats, out of a '99M3 would fit into a 2002 325ci. They said they would except for the electrical plug under the bottom of the seat, but that could be worked around. So I bought them. What they didn't tell me was about the seatbelts. Take a look at the other car's seatbelts............. 3d.jpg

So I have to work around this. The other seats from the M3 have the seat belts in the body cavity to the left of and behind the seats. The person I bought these from will ship them to me to use. I just hope that when I take off the panel behind the door, that there is a configuration to accept this belt retractor. The other option is to see if these seats can be fit on my seats. If not, I can just sell them on e-bay as they are in beautiful condition. Frankie..Open for other suggestions. Thanks.

PS I have the kidney grill. The silver piece is in good condition but the piece that holds it had a broken clip and must be replaced, Anyone know anything about getting them? Frankie

• Like Like x 3
  2. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

You have got some work to do on that car Frankie.

3. David Cullen

David Cullen Zorg Legend
    Supporter The M44 Massive

lovely seats Frankie, your biggest problem there seems to be the lacquer peel

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. miller1098

miller1098 Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    M
    What's the cost to reupholster a couple of seats? This looks like a fun project and a nice car to cruse to the diner

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. oldcarman

oldcarman Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter Canadian Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44
    Frankie, a good upholstery shop can just replace the screwed up parts in the leather. Maybe give a few a call for estimates. I know my friend does this all the time and you'd never know they'd been fixed. That's what dealers do for trade ins. Ask them who they use!! HTH JIM

6. zedonist

zedonist Guest

Frankie, had you used the word convertible, I think you would have got a different answer.........but alls not lost, sell em for more than you paid, and get your original ones fixed, might have some cash left over for some fluffy dice.....

• Like Like x 3