Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Nexus 7

Discussion in 'GadgetZ, GismoZ and Bling' started by Aceman, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Has anyone had a play with one of these or even got one, what do you think ?

I have just had a play with one in Currys tonight and reading the reviews and spec I am really tempted. I have wanted a tablet for a while and never really found one with all the gizmo's I want but this one is very close and I must say is extremely smooth in operation with the display stunningly clear. I have always thought the Ipad rather expensive and can't justify £400+ for one but a Nexus 7 at £200 albeit small in comparison seems a bit of a bargain.

Nexus 7

2. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

Here you go....... :))

[​IMG]

3. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    The Register are well known in the industry for their honest and accurate reviews, so this is worth a read. They call tablets 'fondleslabs', which kind of fits in with whatever HT is on about ;)

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/07/10/review_nexus7_android_tablet/

Verdict

Admittedly, the Nexus 7 needs a 3G version for true data portability, an absence which might deter some. Likewise, it can't match the media choices of Apple or Amazon and it won’t give the massive battery life of an e-ink reader either. Even so, the Nexus is good enough to make it a logical choice for anyone thinking about a smaller tablet for reading or watching video while out and about, and it's a steal at the price.

4. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Haha walked into that one. :))

The lack of 3G can be got around using one of those wifi 3G devices albeit you need to pop it in your coat pocket etc. but an option if the necessity comes about.