Goodwood Speed Week

petecossie

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Been watching some of the Goodwood Speed Week recordings on my Tivo box plus got some more to watch on catch up. Some great racing with with 60s saloons, 60s single seaters and sports cars. Worth looking for on ITV 4 Hub if you haven't seen it already.
Personally I enjoy this sort racing much more than the F1 which is being dished up at the moment, way too much technology in it for me. :coolsteer)

mwpe

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Model of Z
As you say, great racing, it beats F1 any day.

Reactions: Rha

Olliebeak

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
I enjoy it as well but they should give more coverage to all the cars in the field not just the first three, a bit more tech info such as engine size, car history etc wouldalso be good.

Slam

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 & Z4 coupe
I saw the Gerry Marshall tribute race the other evening really exciting racing

petecossie

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
I saw the Gerry Marshall tribute race the other evening really exciting racing
Now there was a real racer - Gerry Marshall - I’ve got an old copy of his autobiography somewhere which I still have to read after picking it up at Silverstone Classic a few years ago. I wonder where his old cars Big Bertha etc are these days.

black fingernail

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2 sport Individual Estoril
SWMBO and I love going to Goodwood, we alternate every year between the Festival of Speed and the Revival.
This is how motor racing should be, not the multi million pound roadshow that is now F1, far too much technology, far too many rules, girly drivers that only talk about 'the team', and 'strategy', I cannot watch it any more.
Goodwood is real racing no 'Strategy' or 'comms', just seat of the pants, hold tight, get there first, racing, with a great sound track.