GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
May 2010

My first modification to any car! Spent hours agonising over wheel sizes and styles. Eventually found these on http://www.bmautosport.co.uk. Lots of nail biting waiting for them to arrive next day delivery. Was chuffed once I fitted them though!

Breyton Softline 18". Pretty rare, and unlikely to find another one if I damage these. :-ss

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
October 2010

At the bad fortune of a previous owner, managed to pick these up of a wrecked Zed for £11!

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
October 2010

Cheap set of these just arrived in the post from California (made in Taiwan!) to replace the two damaged ones I have alread... Still way cheaper than I could locate over here.

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
October 2010

I have a local chap coming over tomorrow to do some paint correction, sort out scratches etc with a two stage machine polish. Weather permitting, he is going to be working on the car for 8 hours - but has his own gazebo if the worst happens.

The good bit is that he has a 2000 Titan Silver 1.9 Z3 of his own (but not a forum member).

Will do a write up when he has finished (with hopefully really shiney piccies).

Time for a quick piccy - looking much nicer with white side indicators and new bumper lenses. Just got to lose those nasty amber bits in the headlamps asap (angel eyes are on the shopping list!!)

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
October 2010

Today I had Mark from http://www.theshinefactory.co.uk working on my driveway for 8 hours giving my car an 'Enhancement Detail'. Top notch work, and a really nice chap too. Spent a lot of time talking me through what he was doing and explaining how to do it. Would recommend him to anyone.

Absolutely transformed the car. It was so shiney in the sunlight this afternoon I needed sunglasses (no exageration either).

I really hadn't appreciated what a difference claying could make. This was then followed by over 6 hours of machine polishing and then a final protective coat. Can't remember the names of half the stuff he put on the car, but it's damned impressive.

Piccies below to show the shine (taken just as the sun was going this afternoon so not the best quality).

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
November 2010

Quick picture I just took. Gotta love how the rain beads on the paint work after the detailing work.

...and the best thing is nothing sticks to the paint, including bird crap!

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
November 2010

2 new Falken 452's fitted to the rear on Monday due to having a slow puncture one side, and a puncture on the other :head:

Wow, what a difference. Done a 120 miles on them so far, and there is so much more grip on the back end than the previous tyres. Probably no surprise as the old ones were bugdet tyres.

Event Tyres came out and did a great job, so thanks for all the previous recommendations on these guys.

(BTW, had Falkens fitted to my 525d three weeks ago, and they work really well on that too!).

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
December 2010

OEM wind deflector fitted this morning (well it was my other Christmas present to myself!)... Really makes a difference, was much warmer this morning at speed (may have strayed a little north of 70 on the dual carriageway :D )

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
February 2011

Angel Eyes.. These have been driving me mad to get them fitted since they arrived a couple of weeks ago...

I am over the moon with these, they make a huge difference to the front of the car.

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
March 2011

Couple of changes...

15mm alloy spacers finally fitted after receiving my new McGard locking nuts. Please excuse the dirty car! :oops:

My private plate finally transferred from my written off 525d.

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
March 2011

So much for easing off the credit card - New head unit time as I was fed up with the terrible sound quality of the OEM Business CD and only having 3 CD's!

So off down to Halfrauds to try and find something not too chavvy, or expensive... Ended up with this for a hundred notes - Sony MEXBT3800U Bluetooth and seems a good spec.

Ok, it's chavish and lit like a xmas tree but the sound is so much better even on the current standard speakers.

As it's Bluetooth it's got handsfree phone, as well as audio streaming from my iPhone 3GS.

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
March 2011

I've given up on the red interior idea. Picked these up today, along with a set of extended leather door cards.

The seats are in reasonable condition, suffering from the usual drivers bolster deterioration. Need to get myself organised to get them fitted. A job for next week!

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
March 2011

Managed to get them fitted tonight before the darkness set in! I am so chuffed with them, they make a huge difference to the interior and are so comfy.

I will have to get them refurbed at some stage, and the drivers seat has the dreaded rock. I already bought a set of Acemans seat bushes, so will take the drivers side out and fit them soon.

Airbag light came on despite following instructions on here, sods law I guess.

Old and new...!

Both fitted

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
March 2011

This I like to think of as Ore-gone :D Got an hour this evening to fit the smooth leather door cards. They also have the leather handles. A couple of scuffs on them, but will sort them when I get the seats bolsters sorted.

Looks so much nicer than the original dotty Oregon...

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
April 2011

So, time to tackle the air bag light with my new Bavarian Dominator B800.

It comes supplied with both the OBDII and round connector for under the bonnet. Tried the ODBII socket under the dash, but it doesn't like that, so on with the adaptor and into the round socket in the engine bay.

Scanning for the fault it came back with...

> Seat belt buckle switch passenger
> Seat occupancy detector, passenger, coding data

Tried a reset, but made no change - same codes. Out with the seat it was then.

With the seat leaning forward so I could access the wiring, I disconnected/reconnected everything.

Plugged the scanner in and it removed the fault for "Seat belt buckle switch passenger", but not both.

Much head scratching, and then went to have a look at the old seat and realised that the new seat didn't have a Seat occupancy sensor installed :head: So I took the one of my old seat and fitted to the M seat.

Plugged the scanner in again, and fault cleared and airbag light now off!

So basically I was a complete numpty, and didn't notice I hadn't plugged all the connectors in when fitting the seat!

Still, the Bavarian Dominator was well worth the £40 in this case.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
June 2011

The chrome gear knob in my car was always tatty, and I had to glue the plastic top back on. Been looking at getting a better, shorter knob for some time and settled on the Clubsport shorter, heavy version.

After:

Also the exhaust tips were shot when I bought the car, so have had my bare pipes on display for the last year. D-reame was selling some large tips for a great price, so I bought them.

A little bigger than I was expecting, but I think they look great.

Before:

After:

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
June 2011

Another small update...

Old key buttons were pretty bad

So replaced with a £3.75 rubber button from eBay. Looks better and easier to press the buttons too!

Attachments

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Gaz, check the date on your 1st post. Is your car a Delorean in disguise?