FUEL SHORTAGE

pete59

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Well we have more than likely all got trips arranged for the easter bank hol in our zeds and it looks like there will be little or no fuel to run them on.my mate runs a jet station he says if the tanker drivers go on strike good friday he will be out within 8 hours and that goes for many others too,so not looking good.lets hope they change there minds.

B

badman gee

pete59 said:
Well we have more than likely all got trips arranged for the easter bank hol in our zeds and it looks like there will be little or no fuel to run them on.my mate runs a jet station he says if the tanker drivers go on strike good friday he will be out within 8 hours and that goes for many others too,so not looking good.lets hope they change there minds.
they will run out a week before that with panic buying.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I was going to fill my car up after reading that but my car is sorned :beer

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Our shell garages have already put signs out No Fuel and are closed from yesterday, i filled up today no problem but a massive que at two supermarkets today, even blocking the road to get in line for the fuel lane, police had to come and move them on, no one could get in to morrisons to do their shopping :-o

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
SeaSurfer said:
Our shell garages have already put signs out No Fuel and are closed from yesterday, i filled up today no problem but a massive que at two supermarkets today, even blocking the road to get in line for the fuel lane, police had to come and move them on, no one could get in to morrisons to do their shopping :-o
It won't be long before it gets like that here, people will keep going to top up the £5 they've just used.... I remember the 2000 strike, it got quite heated at petrol stations round here.

r37

Dedicated Member
i'd set this week aside to do my fuel filter and had been running on fumes. Heard about this yesterday so might have to fill up and delay the filter change. With only 250 miles to a tank it will be touch and go if they do strike.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Serves you all right for living on a island, if that happened over here, I could fill up in Germany or Belgium......

:D

r37

Dedicated Member
just been on the news that there is a strike but no date, and the RAF have commited 80 fuel bowsers and drivers just incase. Doesnt look like there will be a big problem.

B

badman gee

r37 said:
just been on the news that there is a strike but no date, and the RAF have commited 80 fuel bowsers and drivers just incase. Doesnt look like there will be a big problem.
panic buying will cause the problem, not the strike.

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Snoops said:
I remember the 2000 strike
Me too, I went and bought the M instead of going to work as I didn't have enough to get to the site I was on :-bd

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
I remember the fuel crisis in the 70's when we had to have petrol ration coupons. We all survived then, so this is something and nothing. By the way, did you know that some of those "tanker drivers" earn up to £45,000 a year... :-o

NeRo

Staff member
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
For a bit of discussion, the tanker driver's side of the story ..

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
I was in a big green truck during the 2000 strike. We had no problems getting fuel as it was pumped underground straight into the depot. It was great - the roads were empty.

I've just got a month's supply of diesel and Costco ain't likely to run out of my preferred diesel substitute. So, I'm alright, Jack :D

Shame that the M will just have to sit under its cover for an extra week or two.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
He would advise everyone to top up at the moment with the prices being the highest they have ever been, it means they get more money as per usual. Doesn't matter to Cameron, can't see him putting his hand in his pocket to often to fill up at the pumps when he gets chauffeured around everywhere and even when he does he claims it back on expenses L-)

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
Chaos at stations around Liverpool city centre today but on my way home my local was empty. I drove in and they had ran out of petrol but had diesel so I filled up easier than normal :D

The attendant told me they had a delivery at 2pm and ran out of petrol at 4pm.

I used to work for BP and the £45k is an average, there are guys earning much more than that (and I'm 5 years out of date). There is lots more perk to thier T&C's and thats why its the top HGV job to have. Its all based around the risks of the product they are carrying and H&S rules but most viewed the better T&C's and pay far outweight the additional complexity of the job. In old currency "a right cushy number".

ps the 80 tankers would not even scratch the surface. do you realise how many petrol tankers operate around the country every day to service the general public ?????? (we used to have that many running out of one depot!)

I say we should do a fuel protest at the same time as the tankers drivers ;) we could stop them getting to their own picked lines lol