Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel economy

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by bruce&kim, Jul 14, 2013.

1. bruce&kim

bruce&kim Zorg Legend
    The West Country

Fitted strut brace on thursday had a great weekend in north devon in the sun and happy with the results of the brace! Changed the air filter last week aswell to a piper and seems to be an asset (sounds better at 3k revs) but fuel economy still on 23.8mpg lol guess its my driving:woot:
    Also think i know the answer but could this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-M-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f2720cbb2 be fabricated to fit on a 2.8?
    cheers guys

2. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    I found fitting a basic cone filter to my 2.0 made a big difference along with the Eisenmann exhaust back box. The stock air box is quite restrictive, and doesn't seem to let enough air in.
    Those are supposedly quite heavy. You would be best finding someone to do you a cat back stainless system, which you could have a quad setup made. Obviously you will need to lose your spare wheel to make room.