Fruity exhaust!

Alex

I'm already looking at how I can improve the zee that I'll be picking up this weekend ..excited is an understatement. I've been checking the various YouTube vids of the 2.8; there are some nice noises to be had from it. I'm curious to get feedback from both best sound and, more importantly, price/availability. Any ideas? Thanks...

Alex

Ding dong. I like i like. Mucho dollar then? Can you just change the back box?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Last edited:

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Dreadful.. Do yourself a favour and find a Longlife Exhaust dealer and get one made to your exhaust note, they are superb, and i had a twin perforated mid sport on my first z and it was brilliant

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
The longlife systems are too tinny in my opinion, you decide Alex after all it's you car !!
Everyone has an opinion and view on what looks or sounds good but the decision is one that you will make.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I dont buy tinny, but as you said everyone has an opinion even if its wrong;)

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
If you want a really economic option, from memory I think a couple of guys off this forum removed the baffle from the exhaust to give it a bit of a roar! Mozza I think
way back in the day he drove around in his Z3!:ymalien:

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Yeh an am currently experimenting with the muffler bypass at the mo.did it using 15mm pipe but still too queit.just got some 25mm stainless tube so gonna try this see if I can get more sporty note.Z4s are too queit sports cars should have a bit more noise:rolleyes:
M

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
I have a 1.9..

Stock is IMO..a really nice exhaust note..it has even been commented on by several passengers...

If it ain't broke....

lmrdave

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre facelift
Personally I'd wait untill you got he car, see how you like it (it may want money spending on other things first), then maybe start with the induction side so you get a nice sound when you use the loud pedal.
I'm looking into exhausts as mine is on it's last legs, but I seen people ruin there cars fitting loud exhauts that are too loud all the time or drone at motorway speeds, but I still want to hear more of that claasic straight six sound out of the exhaust! It's not easy!
I've found a system I like the sound of, but no idea whats it's going to be like driving at motor way speeds, more research to do!

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Is anyone running a true dual exhaust system on a 1.9? Where does one go to improve induction besides turbo/superchargers? JIM

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Hi Mike. I had mine done in Cardiff.. longlife with a lifetime guarantee and it was fantastic... well worth the money £380
and it didnt drone like some of these other exhausts but was lovely on accelleration.