Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I know this isn't an event but I was thinking if anyone who is organising events would like a zroadster.org email address so they don't have to post a personal email address then let me know. You can have a physical account or we can just forward mail to a preferred account so it's entirely up to you.

Cheers
James

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Re: .org email addresses

A zroadster.org email sounds good. As i have given my email to other zedders not on the forum and it will be a way of letting people who have zeds know about the site :)
bill

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster

Let me know what you would like before the @ symbol and if you would prefer a completely new account or to have it forwarded to another account (you can have both forwarding and an account but will need to clear out the .org email account periodically).

If you want forwarding then PM me your forwarding address and we can get that setup. I guess we need a section on the events page now for contacts so send the details to me of your location etc. so we can get that together ;)

I'll start the mailboxes at 20 MB which should be plenty for regular emailing but if more is needed then we can expand them as necessary.

Cheers,
James

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster

That's done Bill. It's just a forwarder so should deliver to your tiscali address and then you would send from your tiscali address if replying.

Cheers,
James

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z

Thanks James.
bill

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Board

I am considering the options. with a full facility would it be pop3 or imap? The idea of contact to the hotel etc with reply address as Zroadster.org makes some sense and with pop3 would work but imap would be easier to keep cleaned out. I think for my purposes a forward is not a lot of advantage. and I do not know what I would use I sort of think it about time to move on from the la_vida_diver, and that it undermines the "professional" image of @Zroadster.org but if I used Duncan it gets over that.

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Hi Duncan,

The servers are setup so you can use pop3 or imap, you just set your email client to whichever option you prefer. It also has webmail too so if you happen to need to check it via a browser then there are 4 webmail clients to choose from :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
TaffZee said:
TaffZee@ for me please.
Hi Jim,

Just created the account and forwarded all mail through to your requested address. You should get a test email in the near future ;)

Cheers, Gary

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Hi Gary
I like the sound of having a dedicated zroadster.org address would you please set it up, as boysie@
Cheers

Sent from Boysie via tapatalk

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I can have a dedicated mail inbox for .org emails

Sent from Boysie via tapatalk

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Thank you ;)

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Hi Gary , sorry to sound a bit thick but why do i need a .org email address ? what are the benifits ? thanks pete

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
bessieblue said:
Hi Gary , sorry to sound a bit thick but why do i need a .org email address ? what are the benifits ? thanks pete
Hi Pete,

It's just a freebie we offer. Main purpose is for those organising stuff on behalf of Zorg, meaning they didn't have to give out their own personal email address. I personally don't have to give out my private gmail address in the Car club magazine for example.

A few people have asked for them because they like the association with the site, and that it has "zroadster" in their email address. You could think of it like a personal number plate ;)

Cheers, Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.