z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Wish I was there too :(

Have a good one!

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
You're like me always looking out for Zeds on holiday. We will be in Florida in a weeks time looking out for Zeds.

Photo below taken on Marco Island Florida after spotting the Zed and chatting to the owner who let us pose in her car for a photo. That was a few years ago when we had an Atlanta Blue.

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I will be there Very soon. Can't wait, which Mall was it at ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Been In Florida on holiday for just over a day and already spotted a Zed in the shopping outlet Car park !!!
I hope you left them a note with the forum address on it ;)

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
It was parked in a shopping outlet on the way back from Disney (that probably doesn't help)!!! I did wait for an hour Gaz for the owner to return so I could tell them what a great site this is and how excellent it's run !!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Only 1 hour, not good enough! Not as though there is anything better to do.lol
Hope you enjoying it mate.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No problem Frankie it would have been a pleasure. Don't forget I'm over there twice a year if there's anything.Cheers Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Yes I do Frankie but it does require re painting and a new rear window which is £207+ vat so I didn't really think it would be suitable for your needs. :)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Yes I do Frankie but it does require re painting and a new rear window which is £207+ vat so I didn't really think it would be suitable for your needs. :)
Were you intending to use it for yonrself or to sell it? If selling, what would you let it go for? I would consider buying it if the cost of purchase, shipping and repairing would be less that getting one here, where they can be expensive.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Were you intending to use it for yonrself or to sell it? If selling, what would you let it go for? I would consider buying it if the cost of purchase, shipping and repairing would be less that getting one here, where they can be expensive.
OT I know but If you ship it you will need something like this: -

A couple of years ago I posted a hardtop to Israel

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
And a beautiful job, I might say!!!!!! Did you fabricate the crate yourself?
Yes, took a while but was really pleased with it. Hardtop arrived safe and sound.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Roughly what was the cost of shipping Brian please, if you don't mind me asking? You can pm me if you would rather. Thanks Tony.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hi guys, pretty sure that it'll be the best way buying in UK I couldn't come anywhere close in NA when looking for mine. I lucked out and will ship it on the car so saved even more. There are lots more HTs in UK it seems than in NA for some reason. Where you'll find a half dozen for sale there you may find one over here in USA and none for months on end in Canada. Try to get as much fitting as you can included, it costs more than most cars. Frankie, check your car for the prep kit, most cars have that installed at factory and will save you anywhere from £250-£1999. JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I have seen this mentioned before on other forums but I've not come across a car already fitted with hardtop mountings. It might be worth Frankie buying my hardtop but we will have to look into shipping/packing and repair costs to make sure it would be worth his while.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I've seen this in print from several sources, but of course my car didn't have them even though the seller assured me the prep kit for top and roll hoops were there. Then I had to scramble to find a set. The aftermarket are £250 and factory used everywhere up to nearly £2000. An expense I didn't need at that point and lost out on half a dozen ebay bids at over £6-700. Some were up to £1300 a set. Lucked out when a BIN for £99 came on 6 min before I went looking and stole them. Just dumb luck but it suits me!! Over in Canada a top is £1250 no fitting what so ever and I've seen them in US at $3500US.. Go figure!!