Floor matts

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
1642107324981.jpeg

I have carpets (like place mats) to protect the original carpet. They are the M type with two holes , one on each corner at the bottom of the carpet , near the seat.
They look like retainer rings but I do not have these retainers. Where can I find these and how are they installed?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Usually the retainers have a large plastic self-tapping screw which bites into the carpet. You can remove them and just need to brush the carpet pile back up.

Tony.

ps. Or you can glue some Velcro to the underside of the top mats to keep them in place.

MuttyMax

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44 and 2.8
Guy,
Ok so on the floor carpets below the mat do you have the floor mat locks? As regards your Mats there should be a ring either side of the mat that clips together. This is held in place to the carpet with the lock. Now when I last managed to get this I was after the them in Green but BMW only had them in black so I had to change the entire set to black (yes it was a pain but it was better than not having them match).

Regards
MuttyMax

z3 floor mat rings.jpg

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
Usually the retainers have a large plastic self-tapping screw which bites into the carpet. You can remove them and just need to brush the carpet pile back up.

Tony.

ps. Or you can glue some Velcro to the underside of the top mats to keep them in place.
I like the velcro idea. Will try thet first. Many many thanks.

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
Guy,
Ok so on the floor carpets below the mat do you have the floor mat locks? As regards your Mats there should be a ring either side of the mat that clips together. This is held in place to the carpet with the lock. Now when I last managed to get this I was after the them in Green but BMW only had them in black so I had to change the entire set to black (yes it was a pain but it was better than not having them match).

Regards
MuttyMax

View attachment 211065
Thanks for the image . Worth one thousand words.

MuttyMax

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44 and 2.8
Thanks for the image . Worth one thousand words.
Dues to MWPE; we were both thinking same think at same time. And yes they are a real pain in the ass if they get lost ...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I like the velcro idea. Will try thet first. Many many thanks.
I used that in my old Eunos (Miata) but I used it on all 4 corners. Hope it works for you Guy.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
If you apply glue to the back of the mat it cannot affect the main carpet?

Tony.

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
Carpet retainers
Is it possible to buy just the locking clip. Here in canada I have to buy the complete kit for each corner and so that makes 4 of them. $50. plus taxes canadian. How are they there. in England? Is it worth the trouble or not.
Guy