Not open for further replies.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Re-organised for the 27th July :D

Hi Everyone,

This year the 7th annual Fleur-De-Lys Historic Vehicle Show is being held at Thornes Park Wakefield West Yorkshire. This event although only held on a summers evening is one not to miss with several hundered cars and vehicles of all types attending each year and believe me it is a big one !!

I was wondering if we could rustle up a few Z roadsters this year and have a little mini display and maybe even show the Ferrari club who regulary attend each year a thing or two. In recent years it has been a glorious summers evening event and just the ticket to finish the week off after a hard week at work so please show your interest in this thread.

If you wish to confirm your entry into the show which will include entry into the concourse then please complete the attached form. If we get enough interest I will speak to the event organiser about setting up a proper club stand so we can have a proper display.

So come on guys lets see if we can some numbers together and make a great evening of it. :-bd

Attachments

wildeboy

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
none anymore
Re: Fleur-De-Lys Classic Show - Friday 6th July 4pm

Hi Aceman,

Count me in for this one, my car is not exactly concurs material but it might make everyone else's look better!

Do you want the form sending back to you or directly to the organizers?

I have never been but have heard is a great evening with a really good atmosphere and a good mix of cars. Here is a link to some photos back in 2009.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25091692@N08/sets/72157622052018477/with/3933758760/

Johnwayne

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
"M" Roadster

Ian,count me in for this one.Missed the Newby Hall due to hols but now all clear.See you there

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

Ian has patchy internet access this week, so may take him a day or two/three/four to get back to you both.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster

Thanks Gary patchy is an understatement not even sure if writing this will get posted correctly but here goes.

Great stuff guys glad you can make it. If you want to send the form to me you can but if you are not bothered about entering the concours you can just turn up on the evening and pay on the gate it is usually just an extra pound for late entries. Would be good to get confirmed entries for the organisers though so if you want to send the form to me I will get them to the organiser just pay me on the day, I will PM you both my email address when I get some decent reception next week.

Anybody else up for this ?

If we get a few more I am sure I can organise a stand for us all to display rather than being hearded in with the crowd.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster

I have PM'd both the Johns regarding the entry forms.

Just a note for anyone who might be interested in coming you do not have to complete an entry form if you don't want to, just turn up on the day and pay at the gate.

wildeboy

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
none anymore

Hi Aceman,

I have emailed you the form.

It's looking like a very select group of zeds!

Here's hoping for some good weather, I will be going no matter what, it's not exactly a long drive! :coolsteer)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster

Yes I have got yours Wildeboy although not got anything from Johnwayne yet !!

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster

Got your email Johnwayne let's hope the weather is on our side, see you there. ;)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Re: Fleur-De-Lys Classic Show - CANCELLED !!

Unfortunatly this event has been cancelled due to waterlogged ground. First time in 15 years this has happened I am gutted. :((

It is apparently going to be re-arranged so will keep you posted with the new date.

wildeboy

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
none anymore

Hi Aceman,

I was just wondering whether it was worth washing the zed as it is only going to get rained on then splattered on the drive over to Thornes Park!

Question answered I suppose!

Let us know if it gets re organised.

See you at Silverstone............maybe :rain(

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport

Aceman said:
Unfortunatly this event has been cancelled due to waterlogged ground. First time in 15 years this has happened I am gutted. :((

It is apparently going to be re-arranged so will keep you posted with the new date.
We feel your pain! Aceman, The organizers have cancelled the Kimbolton Show on 16th too, for the same reason, we were really looking forward to taking part in that show in Kimbolton Castle grounds! :(

Problem is the :rain( just keeps on pouring, let's hope the cancelling stops now! :-ss

Johnwayne

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
"M" Roadster

Thanks Ian for letting us know in time.Didn't really want to get the Big-Lad soaked-let us have the revised date when you have it :coolsteer)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
OK guys if you haven't already been sent a note this event has been re-organised for Friday 27th July so hopefully our cars will still be shiney from zedfest.

wildeboy

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
none anymore
Hi Aceman,

Unfortunately it is my Aunty-in-laws birthday and I am expected in Lowestoft on Friday night! :ymparty:

There is a chance I may be able to leave early Saturday but no guarantees yet. I will let you know.

Johnwayne

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
"M" Roadster
Ian is the meet still on for the Fleur-De-Lys classic show tomorrow evening? .As previous I will be attending around about 5.00pm.Please advise if there are any changes-cheers John

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Hi John,

Yes it is still very much on so should be good to go.

Entrance is from the Horbuty Road entrance if you do a quick Google rather than the Denby Dale side. If you come in from Jn39 M1 down the dual carriageway (watch for speedcams !) after the 3rd roundabout just past the park itself take the first left up a side street and continue all the way to the end where you will pass where the show is. At the end of the road turn left again onto Horbury Road and 100yds on the left is the entrance to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.