Fitting splitters?

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all.

The carbon fibre splitters finally arrived from Japan yesterday, £36 import duty :-w :) and very pleased with the finish and quality, I'm unsure if they are AC Schnitzer reps as they have the AC stamp on them.

Topside,

Bottom side,

I haven't tested fitment yet but they come with guide holes which will need drilling through. I'm guessing these will match the under bumper screw positions. This leads me onto for those that have fitted splitters did you screw them on or bond them using something like Betalink1k or Tigerseal? I'm thinking screwing them on better should they get damaged.

Cheers for any help,

Tim.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
I must admit they do look quite good even if they are reps, how did you pay for them again Tim ?

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
Just screw them into the bumper using self tappers. That all we did with mine, lined it up and put a one screw in each side to hold it in place and check its correct and then screw the rest into the bumper. Easier to take off as well if you ever want to or if you damage one :-o

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
g8jka said:
Just screw them into the bumper using self tappers. That all we did with mine, lined it up and put a one screw in each side to hold it in place and check its correct and then screw the rest into the bumper. Easier to take off as well if you ever want to or if you damage one :-o
Cheers for that, will search out for some correct length screws :)

Tim.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
i had them screwed on Tim....but done by the body shop....they need to be spot on..

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
swamper said:
i had them screwed on Tim....but done by the body shop....they need to be spot on..
Cheers for that, I was going to fit them on temporarily with some double sided 3M tape so I can get the positioning right and then screw them on, well thats the plan :)

Tim.

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
TitanTim said:
swamper said:
Cheers for that, I was going to fit them on temporarily with some double sided 3M tape so I can get the positioning right and then screw them on, well thats the plan :)

Tim.

Are body-shops specifically in fitting them....? It's not rocket science to line something up correctly.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
gookah said:
TitanTim said:
swamper said:

Tim.

Are body-shops specifically in fitting them....? It's not rocket science to line something up correctly.
your right its not rocket science but there is room for adjustment and you need the front high enough off the ground to drill the holes..i dont have any ramps and my drives on a slope....so it just seemed a lot of p****** about for the sake of 30 quid to take them down and have them fitted right 1st time (and they have to be right with you lot staring at them) ;)

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Did the Japs send you the Chinese carpet as a freebee? @-)

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Sorcerors Apprentice said:
Did the Japs send you the Chinese carpet as a freebee? @-)

you can see why you have been an apprentice for so long

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Oy, watch it badman, or you wont get your three wishes after you have stopped rubbing it.

:ymdevil:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
whats going free..?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
what about the Chinese carpet....is that going for free...? if so i'll take it..!

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Looks like you will have to order some new splitters to get that, from Japan.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
^^ have you been on the brandy too SA.. :beer

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
OK back on topic.... something about fitting splitters was it Tim?

Myself and G8JKA fitted the full length splitter to his front bumper using a few G clamps just to ensure everything was in-line, then used
self drilling self-tappers to secure, We could raise the front of the car enough to be able to get a cordless drill under, but would be even better with a cordless screwdriver if you use self drilling screws, not as much room needed.
PS if you do it yourself you know you will do it right, I just don't trust others with my stuff.