First time BMW owner

dmaurseth

I have owned Jaguar, and Audi but this is the first time for a convertible and a BMW.
Still figuring out what I need to learn.
The first thing that comes to mind is care of the top.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: to the Forum from West Cumbria. Ref the top care, just a good cleaning product is all you need, plenty of makes out there. Many cleaning products will be supplied in bundles with a "proofer", snake oil mate. The "proofer" prevents the rain from wicking of the roof as designed and forms a barrier that prevents the water from getting to the waterproof membrane, this then dries out, cracks and then you will have a leak. These "roof proofers" keep roof replacement companies in business just nicely 👌

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi and welcome from me near Lincoln, UK. What part of the USA are you from please? My hood care mainly consisted of a good vaccuming then a wash and rinse. If you’re in a region where you get snowfall a covering of snow will “suck out” grime from soft tops. I had a car with a white vinyl roof many years ago and a covering of overnight snow got that roof cleaner than anything else.
Not much chance of snow where I am at present at our home in Kissimmee, Florida.

Tony.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Hi and :welcome: from Surrey England, I agree with what has been said above regarding the top. It is also a good idea to regularly treat the seals wit Gummi pflegge, keeps them nice and supple.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: from me too in Stafford, England.