Filbert & his new home

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
As several of you have asked me about the progress of Filbert and him being down to his Underpants, I thought you may like to see some pictures of him aaah repeat after me aaaah

DSCN2279.jpg
DSCN2280.jpg
DSCN2282.jpg
DSCN2286.jpg
DSCN2284.jpg

And finally when Filbert does come home his new carport awaits, I'm just working on the idea's for curtains :snaphappy:
DSCN2289.jpg
DSCN2290.jpg
DSCN2296.jpg
DSCN2287.jpg

@FRANKIE

That's all for now folks lol

Nutty_Hazel - Filbert (Minus)
@bruce&kim
@GazHyde

Last edited:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
It'll be worth waiting for Hazel. Looking good, I like his new home:)

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
Are u having a full respray Hazel?
Dave it was not my original intention, but it's look almost like a complete job, but they want to get it right. Mind you if you look closely it was dreadful, so am looking forward to getting him back home for Christmas. I will have to put some trimmings and a tree on him to celebrate him his home coming :)

Nutty_Hazel-Filbert aaah

Last edited:

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
Filbert SS30.jpg
Filbert SS22.jpg
Filbert SS22.jpg
Filbert SS25.jpg
Filbert SS30.jpg
Hi everyone Nutty_Hazel's back at last, and I can let you all know that Whooppee Filbert is back home. You just can't imagine my excitement of coming home from work and turning into my drive and in front gleaming in his new home is Filbert and my two friends hiding sway laughing at my big smiling face.

He was ready to go back on the road the following morning Tuesday1st April.
I talked Duncan in the doing the following……

Is this the smallest cruise every posted on Zorg.
Nutty_Hazel & Filbert + @La_vida_diver 7.10am 1st April, drove the whole total of 3 Miles in Barnstaple together accompanying me to work.
Well we thought it was hilarious :happy:

Filbert in the end had a complete re-spray and what a fabulous job was done see pictures below, I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff and students at Petroc College in Barnstaple for the tireless hard work and graft they have hone over the last 3 months and the wonderful paint finish Filbert now has.

And also a big thank you to Alan for all his help and advice especially the use of his trade plates, and Duncan for all his help and the fabulous pictures of Filberts progress.

I have written a detailed story of all the process and work that the college has done, and will be used sometime in the future int he local media and Petroc's web-site.

Again the reasons for my absent is that I was talked into writing my story of my whole experience of Z3, from 2012 when a friend asked me to drive one.n Hopefully this will be appearing the Straight Six magazine in the near future.

Filbert and I can wait to see you all on the West Country Cruise next Saturday, fingers crossed for good weather.

ps I will edit this evening and add pictures.

Nutth_Hazel+Filbert

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Car looks really great Hazel. Is that a new soft top too?;)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Looking good Hazel - be good to see you again and Filbert for the first time next week.:) What colour is he, he looks similar to mine (Aegean Blue).

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
Looking good Hazel - be good to see you again and Filbert for the first time next week.:) What colour is he, he looks similar to mine (Aegean Blue).
Hi Mint you have obviously forgotten that we have the same identical colours Aegean Blue, the only difference being our interiors yours it Lotus White, and mine it Champagne. We did meet at Silverstone last year, but will be good to catch up on Saturday. I will have to get Filbert cleaned he's got a little dirty as I have been driving him all week.

Nutty-Hazel + Filbert.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Mint you have obviously forgotten that we have the same identical colours Aegean Blue, the only difference being our interiors yours is Lotus White, and mine is Champagne. We did meet at Silverstone last year, but will be good to catch up on Saturday.Nutty-Hazel + Filbert.
Doh, yes I remember now but your memory is as bad as mine. We didn't go to Silverstone last year:p:p:p

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Tony
No not a new soft top, just a very very well cleaned one at the end of last year, prior to Filbert being resprayed.

Nutty-Hazel+Filbert
I'm sorry to say I could make your soft top look even better then. Well done on the clean.;)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
View attachment 4693 View attachment 4694 View attachment 4694 View attachment 4695 View attachment 4693 Hi everyone Nutty_Hazel's back at last, and I can let you all know that Whooppee Filbert is back home. You just can't imagine my excitement of coming home from work and turning into my drive and in front gleaming in his new home is Filbert and my two friends hiding sway laughing at my big smiling face.

He was ready to go back on the road the following morning Tuesday1st April.
I talked Duncan in the doing the following……

Is this the smallest cruise every posted on Zorg.
Nutty_Hazel & Filbert + @La_vida_diver 7.10am 1st April, drove the whole total of 3 Miles in Barnstaple together accompanying me to work.
Well we thought it was hilarious :happy:

Filbert in the end had a complete re-spray and what a fabulous job was done see pictures below, I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff and students at Petroc College in Barnstaple for the tireless hard work and graft they have hone over the last 3 months and the wonderful paint finish Filbert now has.

And also a big thank you to Alan for all his help and advice especially the use of his trade plates, and Duncan for all his help and the fabulous pictures of Filberts progress.

I have written a detailed story of all the process and work that the college has done, and will be used sometime in the future int he local media and Petroc's web-site.

Again the reasons for my absent is that I was talked into writing my story of my whole experience of Z3, from 2012 when a friend asked me to drive one.n Hopefully this will be appearing the Straight Six magazine in the near future.

Filbert and I can wait to see you all on the West Country Cruise next Saturday, fingers crossed for good weather.

ps I will edit this evening and add pictures.

Nutth_Hazel+Filbert
Absolutely beautiful job done on the car. Just like a little jewel. Frankie

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
Just had Duncan (La_vida_diver) get the plastic inner wing liners dropped and underneath given a clean and then wax oiled to protect it. He reckons that we should take the outer sills off and clean and wax oil underneath them as well. Here are the before pictures with the wing liners removed and then I will post the Post Wax oiling shots.
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg

Here are the after shots before the wing liners where put back.

IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Could someone please clue me as to what and how oil waxing is done, please? Lovely look Hazel! Wish mine was as clean! JIM