Write Up Fathers Day Classic Cars at Castle Howard

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89 20i sdrive roadster
Great Car Show today - my usual eclectic mix, I'll split them up into a couple of batches. And apologies, I forgot to take pictures of the Zeds, hopefully others can fill in the blanks . . .

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Not seen a Marcus in years. Didn’t they have a wooden chassis

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Great pictures there Alex, thank you for sharing them mate.

Tony,

JimS

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 G29 30i
Nice photos and they give a flavour of the very wide variety of top quality cars on show today.

I was very impressed by the immaculate Z3's and 4's that attended, and that undoubtedly contributed to the BMW car club winning the 'best group' award. Well done everyone.

A very enjoyable father's day event.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Great photos Alex, none of the cars that I photographed ! Some very interesting cars, but I tend to just click on the ones I really like. I did take photos of different GT6 s, a pimento red Mk3 like the one I had in 1973 and also two Mk1 versions, but not the same colour as the one I had in 1970.

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Okay, 2 final comments:

1. Outstanding car of the show (to me) was the Kaiser. Photo's dont do the colour justice. And sliding doors - who knew !
2. Question (I was thinking of @t-tony ): That green bentley look-alike Riley (last 2 photos). See the foot pedal positions ? How does that work then . . .

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
On the way back I joined the motorway after the roadworks on the big bridge at Goole and sped off toward home. Just past Doncaster nearing the M1 I noticed the rev counter and realized I was in 4th gear! This confirmed two facts:
1. The BMW straight 6 is very smooth.
2. I'm an idiot.

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Okay, 2 final comments:

1. Outstanding car of the show (to me) was the Kaiser. Photo's dont do the colour justice. And sliding doors - who knew !
2. Question (I was thinking of @t-tony ): That green bentley look-alike Riley (last 2 photos). See the foot pedal positions ? How does that work then . . .
Maybe add your photo's @Z Victor 1 ?

The more the merrier . . .

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
On the way back I joined the motorway after the roadworks on the big bridge at Goole and sped off toward home. Just past Doncaster nearing the M1 I noticed the rev counter and realized I was in 4th gear! This confirmed two facts:
1. The BMW straight 6 is very smooth.
2. I'm an idiot.
Yeah, as I suspected Ken. It's time you got an Auto.;)=)) What do you call someone from Goole ...................... ?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Okay, 2 final comments:

I'm guessing it had a Hand clutch maybe?

Tony