Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Afternoon my fellow zeders,

I'm looking to purchase some chrome exhaust tips for my dad's 2.8 as a chrimbo prezzie. The exhaust itself is in good condition but the tips look grubby.

Does anyone know the tip diameter or even a set they have purchased in the past?

Lee

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Afternoon my fellow zeders,

I'm looking to purchase some chrome exhaust tips for my dad's 2.8 as a chrimbo prezzie. The exhaust itself is in good condition but the tips look grubby.

Does anyone know the tip diameter or even a set they have purchased in the past?

Lee
I put some on mine Lee, can check where I bought them this evening. Also can post a couple of pictures if that would help?

Tony.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
That would be great Tony. I dont want to order a set the find the diameter too small :)

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
@Lee a cheaper option, buy the old boy a spray can of heat resistant black paint.......;)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Lee, here's a link to the ones I bought from an eBay seller.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-EX...its=Car+Make:BMW|Model:Z3&hash=item2c65633652

003 (4).jpg 004 (4).jpg 006 (5).jpg

When I removed the original black tips I saw that the tail pipes were in fact Oval in shape. These came with securing clips and screws but I had to employ my trusty hide hammer to get these on and didn't need any fastenings at all.

Hope this of some use to you Lee.

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Love those pics @t-tony and you know why?
No add stickers, except for bloody Grumpy......But......loose the pretend roll bar.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Can't afford the real thing Mike.:(

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
I can understand that Tony.
But in my humble opinion, why bother to pay for a naff bit of kit that looks so 'after market' that its laughable.
That will not save your noggin if (God forbid) you ever roll your Z.
In actual fact, it will probably fold inwards crushing it and/or your passengers.
Your windscreen surround is your roll cage.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well I had this discussion on .not years ago, thought I'd left that behind on there to be honest Mike. I've been driving for 40 years and never managed to put a car on it's roof yet, so I don't think I'll be bothering to do that now. Fair enough it's a bit of bling, it's my bling on my car so really what's the harm I run my car on a tight budget on and that's all there is to it. As for it might fold that debatable. It's recognised that this type of style bar actually stiffens the chassis as does the front strut brace, also as I fitted this thing I can tell you it is much stronger than you might think.

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Sorry mate, free speech and all that, as Bad ///Boy would say.
Again, in my humble opinion, you have wasted part of your budget.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well maybe, my choice.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No hard feelings mate, it's just like I said I didn't expect that as there have been lot's of pics of my car on here this last year and no one has ever mentioned it so I was surprised to say the least.

Tony.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
I have looked at these hoops closely before and although they may not be rated to support the car if it was to roll, the welds are of a good quality and the metal a good thickness. With my nuclear engineering background and construction being my bread and butter. I would love to see a test because i beleve these would hold enough for a driver to climb out.

These days the reason you can buy these hoops cheap is because the company's haven't got the resources to get their products tested and rated, if they did the price would rise accordingly. These hoops are actually thinner than the AC set you can buy for hundreds but they have a slight lean on them for strengthening purposes which Tonys hoops do not.

If it makes you feel better Tony i think they look ok ;) If hardtop could see I'm sticking my tongue out at him blowing raspberrys =))

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I have these if you want them, ac replicas .Got them off eBay years ago but not for me £ 15 including postage.
@Lee is busy at work and asked me to post a message saying he will definitely take them off your hands. He'll message you directly later, once he has woken up... ;)