Exhaust manifold for M52 2.8

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28
Hi ZRoadster.org,

I have a right hand drive UK spec 1998 2.8 (M52) Z3 fitted with a standard cat and an Eisenmann quad exhuast & many other inlet mods. On removing thestock exhaust manifold (header) it seems very restricted and would like to find a higher flow exhuast manifold such as an Eisenmann etc, but I am told these only exist for left hand drive models. Perhaps would include a high flow cat also. Does anyone out there know where I can find such a performance exhaust manifold suitable for my right hand drive car? Thanks for any pointers...

Peter

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Re: Exhaust manifold fir M52 2.8

a firm in germany who had done their Z3m Coupe up said the stock manifold was as good as anything ,so kept it on but changed the rest, but as you say you can only get for left hand drive cars and supersprint only make them for left hand drive Zeds.

I would keep it and concentrate on the rest. ;)

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28

Thanks Paul, guess the issue is that i have done the rest (AFE Cold Air Intake, M50 Inlet manfold conversion/throttle upgrade, Schrick cams, Rogue Power Pulleys, ECU remap & Eisenmann Quad Exhaust (from stock cat back))...seems the exhaust manifold & hiflow cat would be the next logical step! I don't think the 2.8 Z3 shares the same exhaust manifold as a 3.2 Z3M (but not 100% sure)...do you know if a Z3M exhaust manifold would fit?? (I doubt it, but you never know!)...these should be available for RHD...

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster

Hi Peter. i would not think the Z3M manifold would fit yours as they are different engines ie S50 and yours M52. I would also not think they make aftermarket manifolds for yours as if anything they would make one for mine which they dont. you could go for a race cat and change it over to the original :ymdaydream: for MOT, but its a lot of bother.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster

Wow, how did you find that company. I would check with them they dont mean (right hand side of the road drive) :ymsmug: Worth a punt if you can get it at the right price Peter. I just cant believe they are making them for our cars as they drive on the wrong side over there so they wouldnt be making them for themselves :-?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Exhaust manifold fir M52 2.8

HornelZ3M said:
Wow, how did you find that company. I would check with them they dont mean (right hand side of the road drive) :ymsmug: Worth a punt if you can get it at the right price Peter. I just cant believe they are making them for our cars as they drive on the wrong side over there so they wouldnt be making them for themselves :-?
they drive on the same side of the road as the uk Paul :)

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster

I knew that James just didnt want you to get too comfy on a sunday :bulb

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Exhaust manifold fir M52 2.8

HornelZ3M said:
I knew that James just didnt want you to get too comfy on a sunday :bulb
riiiiiiiight :D I'll believe you :))

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster

I have sent an e-mail to them about the M manifold but do notice they dont show any flange joints on the ends of the exhaust pipes, now if there are no flanges, how does one fit them to the cat system :-?

Attachments

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28

I search around in Australia coz they drive on the same side of the road had UK & Hong Kong. No flanges means I either weld a flang on or weld the cat on...my currwnt stock cat is welded on to the stock exhuast....also looking for a 'high flow 'cat that would still conform to emission standards...

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28
it seems 'Motorsoprts Down Under' may be a bit shady & am not very confident to order from them...they only have a web/email address and no real address...a few searches give me the inpression that they may not be very honest...have emailed them, but no reply...no activity in e-bay since 2010 (with reviews ranging from 'excellent' to 'cheats...send your mony & hear nothing!'....maybe they don't exist anymore?? what about having a header custom designed and made??
Have also emailed HRT, so lets see if they respond..at least HRT have a factory address, Motor magazine reviews etc...but not sure if they do a 2.8 header for Z3 (RHD)?

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
I'm not sure exactly what you are after Peter, but it may be worth giving these guys a call:
http://www.exhaustsdarlington.co.uk/
I haven't used them but remember them getting good comments on .not previously
HTH

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Save your money and move up to a 3.0 or M...
I did the manifold mod on my 2.8 but it would never give me enougth satisfaction so I upgraded to an M ;)

B

badman gee

z3cade said:
Save your money and move up to a 3.0 or M...
I did the manifold mod on my 2.8 but it would never give me enougth satisfaction so I upgraded to an M ;)
Its not as simple as just upgrading the car.

Fuel costs are similar but insurance and running costs are higher.

:)

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28
Thanks Terry. Darlington Exhausts said they could not help but put me onto someone who might be able to. As for upgrading to an M, that's like asking me to sell my own daughter!...forget it! :) Anyway, I find it a lot more satisfying building a car up like this and will be upto more or less M performance when I am done...and then there is the all important 'traffic light' factor...you drive an M, then there is no suprise at your take off...you drive a standard looking but highly modified 2.8 complete with lower final drive ratio, quaiffe diff, launch control & full throttle shift....it's 'chins on the ground syndrome'...(& the all important 'Mutley Sinister Snigger...')....great fun!

B

badman gee

PeterJ said:
Thanks Terry. Darlington Exhausts said they could not help but put me onto someone who might be able to. As for upgrading to an M, that's like asking me to sell my own daughter!...forget it! :) Anyway, I find it a lot more satisfying building a car up like this and will be upto more or less M performance when I am done...and then there is the all important 'traffic light' factor...you drive an M, then there is no suprise at your take off...you drive a standard looking but highly modified 2.8 complete with lower final drive ratio, quaiffe diff, launch control & full throttle shift....it's 'chins on the ground syndrome'...(& the all important 'Mutley Sinister Snigger...')....great fun!
Some of us dont use he cars for traffic light starts.

Most immature :) :ymdevil:

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28
Mutley Sinister Snigger...