Electrical question

Oompedoomp

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hi Zedders

Right, I posted about this a while ago and got some helpful replies. Thank you all.

But I want to see if my cunning plan is workeable.

I want to fit puddle lights under my doors. I have the lights and they fit into the existing 'plugged' holes. I can get my live feed from the door solenoid but in order to make my cunning plan work I need to connect my ground to the circuit that switches the interior light on/off at the door switch. Can someone please point me to that contact point rather than me dismantling half the car!?

Cheers as always.

Si

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
the door light switch is actually in the door catches on the bodywork, and not in the door itself.

it would mean running the switched earth cable through to the puddle lights via the multi-connector by the door hinge.

These switched earths can be also picked up at the black ZKE unit behind the glove compartment.
Find the X13254 connector (Green plug)
Terminal 2 (Brown/Grey/Yellow wire) is from the driver's door, and terminal 3 (Brown/Blue/Yellow wire) is from the passenger door.
These are the switched –ve inputs from each door when they are opened.

Last edited:

Oompedoomp

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
@gookah Perfect! That's exactly the info I need. You're a star! Quick further question - if I'm going to run a wire to the ZKE anyway I may as well pick up my permanent live there too. Am I correct that this is the red wire to the left of the white on the green plug? Cheers. Si

Last edited:

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
@gookah Perfect! That's exactly the info I need. You're a star! Quick further question - if I'm going to run a wire to the ZKE anyway I may as well pick up my permanent live there too. Am I correct that this is the red wire to the left of the white on the green plug? Cheers. Si
There is no +ve on the green plug, however you will find a permanent !2v+ on the large black plug (terminal 18) which is red and white wire