Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write Up East Mids Aeropark meet

Discussion in 'Events and Cruise Write Ups & Gallery' started by Brian4, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Brian4

Brian4 Zorg Guru (IV)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z3 3.0i Auto
    On Sunday we went to meet up at East Midlands Aeropark arranged by .net member who has part of a VC10 on display.

Arranged the meet about 16 zeds and BBQ and visit around some of the planes on display.
    VC10, Nimrod, Vulcan and 20 other planes. Really enjoyable day and the weather was magnificent, company great and being able to visit the flight decks of the planes very interesting especially as some of the other guides at the Aeropark used to work on the very planes on display.

All in the surroundings of East Midlands Airport with commercial planes taking off less the 100 m away and the sound of British Superbikes at Donnington Circuit.

A few photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. t-tony

t-tony Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 Auto
    Cheers for the pics Brian, wish we could have made it. Fantastic weather too you lucky people. Hope you all had a great time.

Tony.

3. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    A real treat, Brian, to be able to look in the cockpit of the only flying Vulcan. Looks like you had a great zedding 'Top Down' day too, what more could you want!!!!
    M & S

4. Ragtop

Ragtop Zorg Guru (III)

Model of Z:
    Looks like you Zedders had the place to yourself. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

5. oldcarman

oldcarman Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter Canadian Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44
    I am so envious of all the runs you have in the UK. My choices are pretty much limited to where ever Trinity decides we should go, left or right out of the driveway. You are very fortunate to have all these activities to share with like minds. Oh yeah! And all your pubs have Guinness!! Thanks for all the write ups and pics. JIM