• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Early 1.9 Z3 cruise control retro fit kit

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Points
190
As title and photos.

Taken from an early (1996/7) 1.9 Z3.

I believe this is a full kit, if you know otherwise please let me know before Saturday when the rest of the car will be scrapped.

Includes
Control lever/stick
Cable and engine bay controller
ECU from behind glove box

£90 delivered to mainland UK

Questions via PM/conversation please.


IMG_6145.webp
IMG_6146.webp
IMG_6147.webp
IMG_6148.webp
IMG_6149.webp
IMG_6150.webp
IMG_6151.webp
IMG_6152.webp
IMG_6138.webp
IMG_6139.webp
IMG_6140.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6153.webp
    IMG_6153.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6154.webp
    IMG_6154.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 105
Hi Andy I'm really quite interested in this since mine is also a 97 1.9. If I remember correctly I remember reading in a post that you had issues in getting this working with the heated seats on your track Z3. Since mine now have heated seats I need to know if the cruise control will work alongside the heated seats? If so I'll take this from you.
 
Hi Andy I'm really quite interested in this since mine is also a 97 1.9. If I remember correctly I remember reading in a post that you had issues in getting this working with the heated seats on your track Z3. Since mine now have heated seats I need to know if the cruise control will work alongside the heated seats? If so I'll take this from you.
I struggled to fit the heated seats to my track car which had cruise you're right, mainly as I was a useless twunk that day and never did find the heated seat sockets for the switches. I shaved a bit of plastic off plugs I thought must be the right ones as they looked right , but they blew various fuses as a result. Nothing to do with the cruise as far as I know.
 
Sounds good Andy. I'll take this off you then. Can you chuck the steering column cover in? The one with the cutout for the switch.

I take it this is everything that I'll need to retrofit this to the zed?
 
You will also need the clutch switch and depending on the engine set up you have you may also need the throttle body with the double cable attachments like in the above picture.
One other thing make sure your car has the right wiring loom under the bonnet .
I was talking to jjim about this at zedfest and we looked at his and mine and his had a different engine bay loom and had no plug to plug the control motor into .
@spurs fan in a coupe . Andy if for any reason @Faheem doesn't take this off you can i put my name in reserve for it thanks.
 
You will also need the clutch switch and depending on the engine set up you have you may also need the throttle body with the double cable attachments like in the above picture.
One other thing make sure your car has the right wiring loom under the bonnet .
I was talking to jjim about this at zedfest and we looked at his and mine and his had a different engine bay loom and had no plug to plug the control motor into .
@spurs fan in a coupe . Andy if for any reason @Faheem doesn't take this off you can i put my name in reserve for it thanks.

Perfect, cheers Steve.

I have read about the clutch part, no idea if it ha one, luckily I still have teh car so will remove if it exists.

I took the throttle body off to get to teh torx bolts for the double holed mount, so can easily take that off too.

Thanks
 
@spurs fan in a coupe This sounds promising. I'll have to double check tomorrow morning before I shoot off to work if I have the correct engine loom to plug the motor into.

I've got 600 different pictures of the zed on my phone but none of them are of the engine bay. :mad: The zed is in the garage so I'll have to pop there in the morning. Will let you know by 10AM? Am I just looking for a connector coming out the fuse box?
 
@spurs fan in a coupe This sounds promising. I'll have to double check tomorrow morning before I shoot off to work if I have the correct engine loom to plug the motor into.

I've got 600 different pictures of the zed on my phone but none of them are of the engine bay. :mad: The zed is in the garage so I'll have to pop there in the morning. Will let you know by 10AM? Am I just looking for a connector coming out the fuse box?

The cable comes out of teh loom about 10cm from the fuse box, but I suppose it could be taped up elsewhere.
 
The clutch switch looks similar to the stop light switch ( available generic cheap enough)
The reason i said abouth the throttle is my m43 has all the wiring to take cruise retro fit but both parts at the throttle are single.
The purple circled one you have with the control motor the yellow one part of the throttle butterfly
Screenshot_20171025-223625.webp
Screenshot_20171025-223739.webp
@Faheem if you give me 5 mins i will go take a picture of where mine currently placed .
Its cable tied to the loom just at the lower front of the fusebox
 
Its mainly the loom make sure you got the control motor multiplug
20171025_225306.webp
i know its not the best of pics the plug with the yellow wire tucked in beside my aftermarket alarm siren .
You know where to look should be easy enough to determine if its there .
 
Hi - got the car out today and took some quick pictures.

All looks okay to me, unless I've missed something?

20171026_085231.webp

20171026_085319.webp
 
To be honest, had it OEM on my Oct 96 M44, never used it once.
I drive it up and down the motorway a fair amount, so cruise control would be invaluable, especially through the vast amount of 50mph average speed cameras through roadworks. Which are everywhere! :(
 
Back
Top