Thanks KF

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
If you're not in a rush, I bought one from a breaker in Tampa for $55.

Tony.

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster & Z4 3.0 M Sport E89
The price the 2nd hand ones go for you may as well buy a brand new one from BMW think I paid £116 last year
Thanks for that information. As a matter of interest did you have the associated wiring in the loom? I believe the early 03-05 were plug & play, but late 05+ needs the extra wiring annoyingly. I assume my lads must be a late 05 as there is no plug, therefore a bit of extra wiring to do.......that's my understanding.

Cheers KF

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
If you're not in a rush, I bought one from a breaker in Tampa for $55.

Tony.
No rush Tony. I'm assuming yours required the extra wiring as I think yours is newer than a 05?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My E83 was A 2003 Pete, just needed the switch.

Tony.

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Yeah that's what I have read Tony, his is April 2005 and needs the wiring too......that's a shame

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I assume you can buy the required wiring from BMW?

Tony.

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I assume so

bear2020

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 & Z4 2.5
Thanks for that information. As a matter of interest did you have the associated wiring in the loom? I believe the early 03-05 were plug & play, but late 05+ needs the extra wiring annoyingly. I assume my lads must be a late 05 as there is no plug, therefore a bit of extra wiring to do.......that's my understanding.

Cheers KF
Mine was 2003 and had the wiring, you can buy the stalk and the retrofit wiring kit on ebay as a complete package as I have seen them on there. Try LLLParts and see if they have a complete kit for sale. I got mine from there when they had a 20% off promotion and that is when I got mine for £116 which inc P&P

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I'm trying to contact a member called Skully on this group, as I seem to have lost direct contact with him regarding a cruise control stalk he pm'd me about. If you see this Skully can you reply asap, like TraceyP (another innocent member on this group) your name might also be being used by someone else!
KF

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
@skully ,I've tagged him Pete so he may be along soon;)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The plug on my 2003 Z4 wasn’t just hanging there ready to connect Pete, it was taped up to the other loom near the steering column. Have you had really good look for it?

Tony.

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
@GazHyde
Not sure what's going on here guys, but Skully (joining date Nov 2022) isn't responding to any of my pm's or to this thread. It was he who passed on an email (via a pm) supposedly of a .org member who could help me, but apparently that member knows nothing about it and was shocked that someone is using her .org name! Whoever was the reciprient of my email sounded genuine and sent me five photos of a c/control that was for sale. We agreed and I paid by Paypal, however some time has now passed and not even a tracking number as promised Fed Ex from the USA! Needless to say communications have dried up. Oddly, within the last hour someone called Wilson (joined Feb 2023) has just pm'd me another external email address! This person might be genuine, but I'm not convinced.
Please be very careful everyone, because it looks like the site and our names are being compromised! :mad:

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
The plug on my 2003 Z4 wasn’t just hanging there ready to connect Pete, it was taped up to the other loom near the steering column. Have you had really good look for it?

Tony.
Thanks Tony, trouble is the lad lives in Cornwall so I rarely get to have a look, however I will pass your info on to him🤞

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Please be very careful everyone, because it looks like the site and our names are being compromised! :mad:
I do my best to vet accounts as they sign up and a lot of times its difficult to spot dodgy sign ups straight off because VPNs are really cheap now. There does seem to be an uptick in members reporting Conversations. Each time (after deleting the offending account) my checks show they follow a similar tactic which is very difficult for me to counter. I probably delete 70-80% of accounts registered for a variety of reasons (mainly spam).

I can’t see the contents of your messages when you report them. The only way i can see them is for you to invite me in to it when you report it so if you have the slightest concern about a direct approach you are sent invite me to have a look. This will let me check the account, however I can’t offer much assurance beyond that.

There is a chance I can look to limit newly registered accounts further than currently done, but I’ll need to get someone to sort that. I’ll message the guy I’ve used for forum updates previously and see if he’s got time to have a look.

As when previous issues have been seen all I can do is issue a general warning to people when dealing with sales or purchases on the Internet generally. Always use PayPal and never Friends and Family.

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I do my best to vet accounts as they sign up and a lot of times its difficult to spot dodgy sign ups straight off because VPNs are really cheap now. There does seem to be an uptick in members reporting Conversations. Each time (after deleting the offending account) my checks show they follow a similar tactic which is very difficult for me to counter. I probably delete 70-80% of accounts registered for a variety of reasons (mainly spam).

I can’t see the contents of your messages when you report them. The only way i can see them is for you to invite me in to it when you report it so if you have the slightest concern about a direct approach you are sent invite me to have a look. This will let me check the account, however I can’t offer much assurance beyond that.

There is a chance I can look to limit newly registered accounts further than currently done, but I’ll need to get someone to sort that. I’ll message the guy I’ve used for forum updates previously and see if he’s got time to have a look.

As when previous issues have been seen all I can do is issue a general warning to people when dealing with sales or purchases on the Internet generally. Always use PayPal and never Friends and Family.
Thanks for your reply, that was quick! I appreciate that it is impossible for you to vet everyone, just a shame the minority spoil it for the majority. I'm concerned that a member has been cloned, I wonder if anyone else has. These pm's also follow a recommendation to contact someone by an outside email when that person is already a member. :thumbsup:

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
Thanks for your reply, that was quick! I appreciate that it is impossible for you to vet everyone, just a shame the minority spoil it for the majority. I'm concerned that a member has been cloned, I wonder if anyone else has. These pm's also follow a recommendation to contact someone by an outside email when that person is already a member. :thumbsup:
I have also been approached this evening by Wilson to contact an outside source to supply goods, they have just sent a mail asking for money.
This is defo a scam under the guise of
Dave Johnson.
They claimed to be in Birmingham but quoted me in dollars $.
BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMER

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I have also been approached this evening by Wilson to contact an outside source to supply goods, they have just sent a mail asking for money.
This is defo a scam under the guise of
Dave Johnson.
They claimed to be in Birmingham but quoted me in dollars $.
BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMER
That's the same one I received this evening from WILSON