Announcement Donations in memory of Ashley Foley (Ashbandicoot)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Amanda has just informed me that Ash's funeral will be held on Tuesday 18th of August.

I will organise a floral tribute on behalf of everyone from the Zed Community (more details to follow once I figure that out).

Donations are being taken for The Air Ambulance Service c/o Funeral Directors - Walton & Taylor Ltd, 16 Railway Terrace, Rugby CV21 3US (Ash's real name is Ashley Foley).

It's possible not everyone will have a cheque book, so the website linked above has a donation system built in to it (takes all major credit/debit cards). The added advantage of this is that for UK tax payers it will allow Gift Aid to be applied which gives a 25% boost on each individual donation.

More information on the awesome service they provide is available through their website - https://www.theairambulanceservice.org.uk/
upload_2015-8-5_14-56-34.png

"The Air Ambulance Service is one of only two totally independent air rescue providers in the UK; we receive no government funding and we provide three outstanding services (Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance, Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance and the Children’s Air Ambulance) entirely through the generosity of members of the public and the corporate sponsors."

View: https://youtu.be/YwAReYLMPk8

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
How would you like donations for a Floral tribute Gaz, is via PayPal ok if I put a note as to what it's for? Thank you for doing this for us all mate.

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I need to find a local florist first, so will be doing some Googling tomorrow or Friday. Once I have located something and got a price I'll post the details up and people can contribute at that point.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Done and many thanks for putting this most worthy of causes up Gary.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Gail that would be great. To be honest I don't have any ideas about flowers. Let me have a think and I'll message you when I get home later.

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Thank you Amanda. Please let me have the details and if I can get time off work I will come.

I drive to work between Nuneaton and Leamington down the Fosse every day so you may spot me again some time.

Take care.

Amanda

The funeral will be at St Mary Magdalene church in Lillington at 1, followed by Oakley Wood crem at 2.15 then to Old Leamingtonians Rugby Club.

Ash is from Leamington, only moved to Rugby December last year, therefore thats why it is all in Leamington.

I believe Garden Gate in Rugby do nice flowers, however maybe a little expensive.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi all,

If anyone would like any details on the funeral please let me know.

I actually saw Gail in her BMW the other day at Wolston.

Thank you all for he kind words about Ash, it is much appreciated.

Amanda
Hi Amanda, thank you for letting us all know when Ash's funeral will be held. I'm sorry to I won't be able to be there in person but I will be in spirit and if you can let me know the time I will make sure I have a few quiet minutes to myself.
So sorry for your loss,

Tony.

ps. Posted just too late.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hi Amanda, thanks for the info. I truly wish I could be there on the day but I will, like Tony be having some time reflecting upon Ash's friendship and generosity. I hope you, Karen and all Ash's family and friends are copping with the huge grief you must all be feeling. But let's celebrate his life and remember all the good that he was in life. All our best, JIM, Joan and Trinity.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
@Gail has kindly organised what we feel is a fitting floral tribute for Ash pictured below.

upload_2015-8-7_14-25-56.png

Those who wish to contribute to this can do so buy sending an amount of your choice (I would suggest no more than £10 is necessary) to the sites PayPal account - gazhyde@zroadster.org. Please ensure that you send it as a "gift" and also make a note on the payment stating it's for the tribute (so I don't get confused with site donations).

The floral tribute cost £100 and should we collect above this amount I will ensure that it is passed on to the Air Ambulance Service.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Many thanks go to you Gaz from me and everyone else for doing this on our behalf. It's appreciated.

Tony.

ps. Many thanks @Gail too, what a great tribute for Ash.

Last edited:

Si

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0Si sport
Just seen this as we are away at the moment with limited internet access. Sad to hear this news and our thoughts are with Ash's family at this time. Looked like a lovely floral tribute well done. Si & Debs

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Huge thanks to everyone for donations to the floral tribute, of which with the last one we have covered the cost :thumbsup:

Please send any future donations directly to the Air Ambulance Service.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I haven't got PayPal @GazHyde :p
So I'll be sending mine to the Air Ambulance which I support :)
Me too Shelly, I sent mine to the Lincs Air Ambulance. They all need support so it makes sense to me to support your local one.

Tony.