Archived Does Zroadster.org want to all be in one hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Sorry Duncan, have just moved our daughter into her first new home yesterday, has taken us just over a week to do so. One more day (Today) and we will be able to concentrate on other things.
Mike & Sandy

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Aceman said:
swamper said:
La_vida_diver said:
I am sure Swamper and our northern contingent fancy the Northhampton hotel, shall we just go for that one?

i doubt very much im going to make this... :(
What I thought you would move heaven and earth to be there after this years event.
you are right but this year coming is going to be difficult at best.....sorry chaps but all i can say is if i can i will :(

pete59

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Hotel now booked for friday and sat night at hoiday inn Northampton for Zedfest,easy with duncans link. :) :) :) :)

RonZ

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Just about to book Silverstone and Hotel. For me Milton Keynes is the better Hotel as I am coming from the south (Bristol) So will there be a cruise from both Hotels

RonZ

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
RonZ said:
Just about to book Silverstone and Hotel. For me Milton Keynes is the better Hotel as I am coming from the south (Bristol) So will there be a cruise from both Hotels

RonZ
Ron the idea at present is that the Milton Keynes group will Cruise to the Northampton hotel and meet up and then onto the track all together from there. We are talking to the organisers at Silverstone later this month to see if we can make gate entry easier this year than last year. In all from the Milton Keynes hotel to the track via milton keynes should be a little longer than the cruise we did this year which worked out well it means the North hampton cruise section is shorter than this years but if we get the numbers I don't think that will matter.

Hope that helps :coolsteer)

RonZ

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
First thanks for all your organising you are doing a great job. I am Chairman of the Western Region of the BMWCC so I know whats its like. Just had a look at Google looks easy to get from Milton Keynes Holiday In to the Northampton one J15 on the motorway

RonZ :coolsteer)

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
could be on this now.... :D

RonZ

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Just in case you want to know who is at each hotel we have decided on the Northampton one. All booked and paid for.

RonZ

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
swamper said:
could be on this now.... :D
I know I am personally hoping that means you are hopeful of joining us at whatever hotel. It would just not be the same without you, the Martian and the east anglia crew et al we had such a ball last year. I am so hoping that we get a nice big crowd.

It looks like most of us are booking the Northampton one but as yet Badman and the rest of the EAC have not voiced an opinion which is somewhat worrying. I wonder if they are asleep like Sleeping Beauty?

By the way for those that are not BMWCC members I will post up the January article

Attachments

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
swamper wrote:
be great to see you again mate...its been to long...so you recon northampton is the best bet..?
edit..leave just applied for ...

For the longer Cruise Milton Keynes would be better! and for me I like the idea of a debate but so far there has been no debate and people have already been booking and I have not seen that anyone has booked Milton Keynes. I think I posted about the hotel on the wrong thread (on my last post it should have been on viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2356) as we have a thread for the discussion. I sort of expected the EAC to plump for Milton Keynes and the "northern" contingent to plump for the Northampton and there be some discussion and sort of expected that there would be banter and discussion and we would go for one or the other but as is always the way what you think will happen is actually the thing that doesn't .

I have no idea why but the EAC seem to be very noticeable by the absence of traffic. I think I sort of did the wrong thing when I went into their regional area and asked to get the discussion on hotel on the thread I had started in the general area. I did not mean to stop discussion but it just died on their thread and everywhere else, except for the people who booked and said where they had booked. I sort of think it would be an insult to them if we now decided to go to Milton Keynes as a Forum.

How about that we get try and get people talking about it on the right thread? I will repeat this post on that thread!

Have you heard anything from Tafzee and the Maurice?

regards

Duncan

This is repeated here to try and get the discussions on Zroadster.org hotels into one place

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Hi Duncan.having now confirmed the trip to the alps on 9-8-13 with Billz .i.ll have to say at this stage we wont be comming..really enjoyed last year so dependant on finances we may just come down for the main day..
Moz.

MrsZ3Cade

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
La_vida_diver said:
swamper wrote:
be great to see you again mate...its been to long...so you recon northampton is the best bet..?
edit..leave just applied for ...

For the longer Cruise Milton Keynes would be better! and for me I like the idea of a debate but so far there has been no debate and people have already been booking and I have not seen that anyone has booked Milton Keynes. I think I posted about the hotel on the wrong thread (on my last post it should have been on viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2356) as we have a thread for the discussion. I sort of expected the EAC to plump for Milton Keynes and the "northern" contingent to plump for the Northampton and there be some discussion and sort of expected that there would be banter and discussion and we would go for one or the other but as is always the way what you think will happen is actually the thing that doesn't .

I have no idea why but the EAC seem to be very noticeable by the absence of traffic. I think I sort of did the wrong thing when I went into their regional area and asked to get the discussion on hotel on the thread I had started in the general area. I did not mean to stop discussion but it just died on their thread and everywhere else, except for the people who booked and said where they had booked. I sort of think it would be an insult to them if we now decided to go to Milton Keynes as a Forum.

How about that we get try and get people talking about it on the right thread? I will repeat this post on that thread!

Have you heard anything from Tafzee and the Maurice?

regards

Duncan

This is repeated here to try and get the discussions on Zroadster.org hotels into one place

Duncan, I think the reason it's been so quiet lately Is because of Xmas and New Year...it's only 5th January, give everyone a chance to settle back into routines. July seems a long time away yet!

Also I'd like to point out that the EAC are a minority compared to the numbers registered and active on this site; and you have had responses from several EAC members already. Unfortunately I will be unable to make it this year but Liam (z3cade) has replied saying he will be attending the Saturday only as we will have a newborn at that time.

Give it a few weeks and you will find interest grows in this event.

B

badman gee

I agree Caroline.

It's just been the most expensive time of the year.
Let alone being busy!

Just started work again and very busy.

Also it looks like people will be separated in two hotels.

I'm going to travel with Liam as Michelle is working that weekend and won't be attending

Also last year there was an us and them atmosphere on the Friday night.

Not helped by some of the admin staff on here!

If you want the truth, I get more enjoyment out of our eac trips!

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Sorry Guys!! :ymhug: I was not having a go at anyone just commenting that it was quiet. I have re-read my post after reading your comments and I saw an interpretation that was not intended. ^:)^ I will not change it to correct it but some of the bits that might read as "together" and meaning EAC were actually me just putting my general thoughts after I had mentioned the EAC. My sincere appologies! ^:)^ ^:)^ It sort of makes it look like I am having a pop at EAC and that was not what I intended at all! they were separate thoughts about that it is generally quiet and not getting much discussion on the choice of hotel!

And yes the EAC are a small group but I do think they play a big part. they definitely punch above their weight as the saying goes! :))

Badman I was not there on the Friday night as I went to see the Live act at Silverstone but the only thing I heard was that some used the room and some used the Bar. (I had asked for the separate room so that we could all be away from the general public) From what I heard from the hotel that was why the hotel wrongly took away the room on the second night and we had the problem which led to us having to phone everyone when the hotel eventually realised they had messed up and gave us the dedicated bar upstairs on the second night. I agree some things went wrong but this time we are hoping to be bigger and as Badman suggested we are trying to get it open to ALL zeds and I just could not get a single hotel that could take us all. I am talking to Horwood house still about some of the problems I only just got my overpayment sorted this week!

By the way Badman on the note of inclusivity. I am working with the BMW Car Club (In particular with MyRedZed) in a big way at the moment trying to get things done on that front. There are lots of politics between the various forums and also some people fit in with a "forum style" that they are comfortable with and do not visit the other forums and we are looking at what the BMW Car Club can do to help. From my perspective at the end of the day my involvement in that comes out of the comments that you have made so big pat on the back for that!

MrsZ3Cade. I think I can understand why you might not be there! I should have got the right facilities arranged so that you could be. I know they have a hospital at the track I just did not think to get either a Maternity facility or creche arranged. Darn it. =)) Will miss you and I wish you all the best with your issue whenever it is to be!

B

badman gee

Thanks Duncan,

Didn't mean to be funny, keep up the good work

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
badman gee said:
Thanks Duncan,

Didn't mean to be funny, keep up the good work
No not taken wrong! :ymhug: when I looked back my post was not a good one! 8-}

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Hi Duncan hav'nt had enough time to sort out silverstone yet. still thinking about what hotel to use ? :-\

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
bessieblue said:
Hi Duncan hav'nt had enough time to sort out silverstone yet. still thinking about what hotel to use ? :-\
At the moment here on Zroadster the only hotel has been Northampton. I dare not book yet till I have seen the trips from the outer hotels which I do mid Jan I am visiting them on the 16th Jan. but the two from here that I know of who have booked are both at Northampton.

I have not yet had feedback from the various Hotels about bookings but I expect to get that when I visit them. I have no idea at the moment how many have booked in from other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.