Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodged a bullet

Discussion in 'Z3 Roadster & Coupé' started by Oddly Godly, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Legend
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    This morning a someone told me one of my rear side lights was out, then my alarm went off for the first time ever. Last week my boot light worked for the first time ever and promptly went out. As an avid reader of the forum I feared the worst "loom of doom". anyway I changed the bulb, no go. checked the voltage none. I found a fuse has blown. changed fuse and bingo the light worked and the boot light :) Maybe I have dodged the loom of doom.
    Other news I was suspended today from work after returning only 3 days ago after four and a half months absence. I refused two weeks ago to agree to a finical settlement with the council I work for as it would of involved me agreeing they aren't involved in a child abuse scandal. 2020 and this is still going on! fortunately I don't have a mortgage or dependents so I can stand on a point of principle but it is shocking what still goes on. As they say the truth will out. Four years ago I walked out off a job paying over fifteen thousand a year more to work for a local council on the grounds team as it was local and better hours. Thank god I did at least now the horrendous activities of some councillors and there friends will be exposed. One person has already pleaded guilty of threatening to kill me! another has pleaded guilty in relation to child abuse allegations ( the ex mayors boy friend) If you ever think of giving up good job for public service think again it is another world.

2. jonco

jonco Zorg Guru (III)
    Supporter British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    '98 1.9 Auto
    The fuse would have blown for a reason - hopefully it was due to old age but if you have tilt sensor it may be worth checking left side boot well for water ingress.
    Best of luck on the other issues - stick to your principles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. colb

colb Zorg Guru (IV)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Sounds like the boot loom to me, too much of a coincidence involving alarm and lights playing up. To check the wiring in the boot loom you will have to strip off the black outer covering to check the individual wires for damage and shorting out. Repair by soldering, strip back to bright copper so the solder takes to the clean copper.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Legend
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    thanks I will check the left side boot for water. Is it just a case of lifting the carpet / tool kit to see if water has found its way in?

5. DelGue

DelGue Guest

Re: public service. I gave up working on Wall Street for NYPD. Not anywhere near as bad as your situation, for sure, but at times I wondered "why do I bother?" since, even believing I'd done the right thing, a complaint from a citizen meant I was guilty til proven innocent. Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Legend
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    Whistle blowing can be a lonely business here in the UK, on the bright side I have some time to check out my boot wiring =))

7. Redline

Redline Zorg Expert (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0L SI Sport Auto
    Suspended for not accepting what amounts to a bribe. Clearly whoever is doing this to you isn’t watching what’s happened in Rotherham and now in Manchester. Sounds like the old saying, “Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.”
    I hope you get to expose any wrong doing. Safeguarding is the biggest management issue in most schools. Takes up massive amount of time and resources. It’s seems large chucks of society are light years behind. Only complete transparency works.
    Spoken to your MP?
    The boot light problem should be a far simpler fix.

8. jonco

jonco Zorg Guru (III)
    Supporter British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    '98 1.9 Auto
    Basically yes- there are a couple of stud fasteners that need prising out.

9. Althulas

Althulas Zorg Guru (IV)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    M Roadster
    The police have a section that covers the umbrella of sex offenders. Hopefully they are involved.