Do we carry a spare wheel

lucky jim

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3
I have a Z4 & no spare wheel got to admit to being a a bit concerned at first but got to thinking ( new to me ) after 40 years & lots of miles probably had 2 flats that would not inflate ..the question is this do we need to carry probably old wrong size spare wheels adding weight & taking up space ?

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I have a Z4 & no spare wheel got to admit to being a a bit concerned at first but got to thinking ( new to me ) after 40 years & lots of miles probably had 2 flats that would not inflate ..the question is this do we need to carry probably old wrong size spare wheels adding weight & taking up space ?
No need or legal requirement just a can of foam and compressor will do most flats other than a major cut.

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
"I carry a spare tyre everywhere with me, really must go on a diet."
In the Z4 carry two cans of tyre seal plus a mini compressor also a good recovery package

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
I've recently started carrying a compressor after an episode with a slow puncture (now fixed). I carry a spare wheel but it needs restoring. If I had issues the compressor couldn't sort I'd be ringing my breakdown for recovery. I just wonder if they have any exclusions around keeping spares and suchlike in useable/serviceable condition. I should really check that..

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I have a can of seal in the zed and the RAC if I loose the tyre altogether.