DIY hardtop

Ahlah69

Cheers for that guys… bit to think about there.. Cobra looks like a nice roofline

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
DSC02808.JPG

l wasn't far off with the original design then :whistle:

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@petecossie Yes, you were quite right, but we now know the who the source was for the photoshopped image...

Having said that, the end result of that image is certainly better looking, imho.

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
@petecossie Yes, you were quite right, but we now know the who the source was for the photoshopped image...

Having said that, the end result of that image is certainly better looking, imho.
It is purdy. But I wouldn't fit in it. No doubt about it being a shopped in Porsch roofline. Starts sloping down from just behind the front windscreen. By the time the roof is over the driver's head it's around 2 inches lower than the original z3 roofline. I'd have to cut a hole in the roof for the top of my head.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@petecossie Yes, you were quite right, but we now know the source was for the photoshopped image...

I have no idea why I would have quoted my own message… Sorry!

I blame this on the wine. :hungover:

Last edited:

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. M Coupe profile is a Marmite shape in some respects, but I love it. :D

Very practical aswell, we did two long continental road trips - South of France via French F1 GP + Millau Bridge & Demark, Sweden & Norway. Brilliant trips in both cases, just soft luggage and room for bottles of wine on way home. :coolsteer)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Didn't meet anyone from Peckham when you were buying your wine did you Pete?;)=))

Tony.