#ZedShed Dino’s Track toy 2.8 (6-Speed Gearbox Conversion)

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Amazing work guys, love reading these updates, @Dino D you are getting back one special Z3...
✅
indeed and a few bits from your old track toy live on on here. I’ll hopefully get round to refreshing the alcantara on the Raid after the season this year...

Awaiting a few more bits to help it stop better. Hopefully here next week - getting anything from anywhere is such a pain right now!!

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
You mean one of these
9DFE6310-3D70-4945-B102-1FFEDB22F25A.jpeg

check the post next week, I’ll send you it.
I ‘acquired’ it on a visit to the Zedshed
:whistle::whistle:

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Don't think anyone is more excited to see how it drives then me :) If anyone wants any stickers I have so many, happy to post a few around.

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
This has got to be the best renovation / up-grade to go thru the Zed shed, Dino you watch him he won’t want to give it back 😂

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Dino, it also took me two jobs in the shed to get a ZedShed sticker :oops:

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Can't wait for you to check it out Lee, will be so pleased for you,Trevor and Dino if it turns out better than you think. Fingers crossed they'll be no vibes from the gearbox mounting. Hurry up and test it cos the suspense it worse than the weekly series on the tele at the moment.

Roy. :thumbsup:

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Can't wait for you to check it out Lee, will be so pleased for you,Trevor and Dino if it turns out better than you think. Fingers crossed they'll be no vibes from the gearbox mounting. Hurry up and test it cos the suspense it worse than the weekly series on the tele at the moment.

Cheers mate. There’s still rubber bushes supporting the gearbox, it’s just the bracket is sat 20mm lower with spacers. I’ve got some ally plate on the way to replace the spacers for better strength. Really difficult to sort during a lockdown when everywhere is shut down here.

Reactions: Rha

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Dino, it also took me two jobs in the shed to get a ZedShed sticker :oops:
Blimey it’s visits are every 5 years or so - could take a while if it takes a 3rd visit for a sticker....and then what will need doing? The only thing left to swap out is the engine...or bolt on some forced induction :ymdevil:

• Haha
Reactions: Lee

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
At last maybe the Z4 fraternity have something the Z3 people could really do with, not talking engines here which of course are better in the Z4s :tumbleweed: just the plain old 6speed gearbox. Can't be a bad argument at long last. =)) =))=)). Looks are not everything, ask the northerners.:bag:

RHA,Roy.:thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Lee

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
At last maybe the Z4 fraternity have something the Z3 people could really do with, not talking engines here which of course are better in the Z4s :tumbleweed: just the plain old 6speed gearbox. Can't be a bad argument at long last. =)) =))=)). Looks are not everything, ask the northerners.:bag:

RHA,Roy.:thumbsup:
I actually looked at that gearbox first but it’s not compatible with the M52/M54 platform, unless you really want to hack it apart and customise every part.

Reactions: Rha

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
I have been looking at 6 speed gear boxes and read about the different pilot bushing being in the flywheel on some. Is the input shaft the same on all E46 gearboxes from the M3 with the pilot bearing in the flywheel?

The E46 box is just more common then then the 6 speed from the E36.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
I have been looking at 6 speed gear boxes and read about the different pilot bushing being in the flywheel on some. Is the input shaft the same on all E46 gearboxes from the M3 with the pilot bearing in the flywheel?

The E46 box is just more common then then the 6 speed from the E36.
Pass mate without checking them all I couldn’t be sure. I didn’t use the M3 6 speed box because they cost a fortune. Least with this gearbox it’s affordable and only needs a few tweaks to get everything to fit.

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project

Lee should end all his updates with the Eastenders drum sequence 😂😂😂😂

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
Is it an SMG box? Looking at the shifter mounting and it looks that way, I heard you can convert them to manual but know nothing about it.