Dashboard painting

Freds Dad

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Ive got a few small chips around where the radio is and want to either touch them up or repaint the dash. So how do I find out what colour the dash is and has anyone taken one out to repaint?

My other thought is covering it with some sort of plastic with a carbon fibre look but any suggestions welcome.

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
You could always flock the dash!

can look great

Any colour

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I'm going to be buying some vinyl wrap in the next week or so, and figure out if that's any good for this sort of thing. Got to be less messy if I can get the hang of it. Got a load of external chrome parts on my MINI I want to cover...

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Have a look at Daz's progress thread, he has painted his and it looks a great finish.

('_')Z3

Zorg Addict
Supporter
I considered painting my ///M centre console but struggled to find a Matt black/grey that I was happy with to match the rest. I think if you're going a completely different colour as long as you primer and lacquer it should be fine, much like z3cade and peterandjenny have both done. I ended up getting mine covered in alcantara which I was really happy with, it wasn't cheap but I was really pleased with the finish. Covering it does make all the switch holes etc very snug.

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Hi freds dad I've taken my dash out to paint, however I also removed the console, a-pillar and upper windscreen trims. I then took one of the parts to my local car paint supplier and got them to match the paint. Really you have to paint all the panels as I think you'd struggle to get an exact match. I chose the colour and said I wanted a semi matte finish and all looks brill ;)