Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DASH DIALS,SPEEDO ECT NOT WORKING????

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by pete59, Feb 25, 2012.

1. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Hi my speedo, rev counter .fuel gauge temp,just stopped working,i was putting some bits in my boot,then they didnt work,but they have just started again,fiddled with wireing loom and that did it,could it be a wire in that ,i have tugged on it to see if they went off again but did not.is there something i should be looking for not connected with boot loom.thanks pete.

2. g8jka

g8jka Zorg Guru (III)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
    Mine has stopped working a couple off times and I get a code saying eep_2 or something where the mileage is. Can't remember exactly what it was I took a pic somewhere which I will have to find. Turned the engine off left it a minute, turned back on and everything worked fine. It's done this maybe twice.

I'd leave it a few days if they are working again and if it stops then try and find the problem. May have just been playing up.

3. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    There is a known fault whereby the wiring to the back of the dash instruments can chafe on the metalwork and cause intermittent faults. Usually pulling the instruments out and rerouting the wiring and maybe adding some insulating tape to the loom does the trick.