Clutch bleeding

Trevor /chedder

Zorg Addict
Hi all
Anyone got a good link/instructions for bleeding an m44 clutch?

Can't seem to find one
Thanks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
A pressure bleeder will work, as the clutch master cylinder is fed from the brake resevoir.

Tony.

Trevor /chedder

Zorg Addict
Take the slave off, use some sort of clamp to prevent the pin from coming out too far, and bleed it with the nipple as high as possible.
Thanks Pingu, so am I draining out of the nipple? Sorry can't picture this. Tha ks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
On the good old Morris Marina the slave cylinder was mounted in casted ring on the bell housing. Cars came from factory with the feed pipe at the top and bleed screw at the bottom.

Tony.

Trevor /chedder

Zorg Addict
Clutch is not responding again. I did drain and replace the fluid, the reservoir is full and I can't see any liquid on the floor. Drove into work fine 30 mins. Then cane back and zero response. May have to leave it at work! Been pumping the pedal for 30 mins and no joy.. any thoughts?

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Sounds more like the master cylinder internal seals leaking giving you no pressure when pedal is operated hence no movement at the slave cylinder. No visible leaks will also be a clue to a bad master.

Trevor /chedder

Zorg Addict
Sounds more like the master cylinder internal seals leaking giving you no pressure when pedal is operated hence no movement at the slave cylinder. No visible leaks will also be a clue to a bad master.
It's happened twice, after the first time it cleared in about 5 mins. Then I changed the fluid using a pressure pump. I need to get under there and have a look. Thanks for the info