Cloudy headlights

53dke

The inside of my headlights look dirty, may have condensation in them, is there any way to clean them?

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Yep put them in the oven for 10 mins..

And I bet you think I'm joking 8-}

53dke

Picture of headlight, they are both the same, not very clear looking I know they are quite chipped, do you think they are just badly worn lenses? the z4 is 10 years old.

Attachments

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
^^^ do like them Gill ;)

53dke

What is it? And were do you get it from? Does it affect the lighting intensity?

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
It is Lamin-x 6% tint film from the states, only takes a week for delivery, and dead easy to put on and its already precut to shape, or ask Liam (Z3cade) as he used fly-eye off ebay with good results and much cheaper but i didnt trust myself to cut it properly.

I will find you link if you want to use the film. 6% gives you enough of a tint without loosing hardly any light but as you can see enough tint to make a difference and fine for mot time, the 12% would be too dark and dense i think.

53dke

That would be great if you could find the link as I am off to the States in 5 weeks so could bring some back with me.

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Hi, this is where i got mine, you will see two options for gun-smoke, it is the lighter of the two. I am not sure you will find it in shops over there, you may do, but i though this was an internet company. Just found a ''lamin-x uk' but they dont seem to sell the precut templates of film. You could always cut it yourself and cheaper than the precut.

http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-Z4-Z4M-03-05 ... p/b009.htm

You may like a different colour all together :D

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
SeaSurfer said:
or ask Liam (Z3cade) as he used fly-eye off ebay with good results and much cheaper but i didnt trust myself to cut it properly.
My personal experience of Fly Eyes was a bit disappointing. Did get some PM feedback about it from Liam when I ordered it.

One thing to note is that you have to apply it withing 48 hours of buying it - they warn you when it arrives! Mine started peeling, and I'm wondering if leaving it 4 days was the cause? Ripped it all off in the end, but really liked the look of it. Value for money wise, bought enough to do the lights twice for about £8 delivered.

Think I will be looking for some Lamin-X and trying that next. Looking at SeaSurfers headlight piccy, will be doing mine as well :D

Mr-P

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Sold Z3M
53dke said:
Picture of headlight, they are both the same, not very clear looking I know they are quite chipped, do you think they are just badly worn lenses? the z4 is 10 years old.

I had the same problem with my Alpina "pitted lenses" polished them out using 3m finishing compound (similar to t-cut) and a bit of elbow grease.

53dke

SeaSurfer said:
Hi, this is the finished look (better not tell Swamper, i might do Tess aswell :D )
Looks good will defo get some, I see they do door guard strips as well and total front protection, not cheap but cheaper than a respray when the fronts covered in stone chips.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
as long as its removeable .... :))

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Yes it is easy to remove, just warm it and it will peel off (failing that you can always stick them in the oven)