cills and nearside front wing.

derek burgess

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
wheres the best place to get a pair of cills and a near side front wing? 1998.
Thanks

roadvoyager1

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8ltr
Only place to buy sills from is your friendly BMW dealer. Expect to pay around £140 per side. They will need a full paint job also. Used sills are unlikely to be in good condition even if you can find them. Front wings come up from time to time with the forum breakers @spurs fan in a coupe @Synclare @mrscalex may be able to help.

NigeB

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Just replaced my sills, only available from bmw dealer, ask for 10% discount and you should get it. £130 each including vat. I had to wait 6 weeks for the drivers side though!

NigeB

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Picked my new sills on Sat. on 3 day delivery £130 inc vat
Thats probably because they had to order loads just to get the one I needed!!!;) my passenger side one was on 3 day delivery (6 weeks ago) :D

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
If I were you I would chase and ask where it is. I am under the impression that BMW depots publish a list of what the have in stock so that other depots can see and call them of should they have need to. They come in separate boxes so they would not have had to order a pair, I would chase. Geoff

NigeB

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
If I were you I would chase and ask where it is. I am under the impression that BMW depots publish a list of what the have in stock so that other depots can see and call them of should they have need to. They come in separate boxes so they would not have had to order a pair, I would chase. Geoff
Hi Geoff, I picked it up on saturday after a 6 week wait. Germany had none when I ordered - I had to wait for a new batch to come in. All happy now though. Its all ready to be painted at the weekend! Can't wait to get some colour on it. Hope you get on well with yours.
N

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Hi Geoff, I picked it up on saturday after a 6 week wait. Germany had none when I ordered - I had to wait for a new batch to come in. All happy now though. Its all ready to be painted at the weekend! Can't wait to get some colour on it. Hope you get on well with yours.
N
Hi Nigel
When I orders mine last Wednesday they said that there were some in stock in the UK and why they said I could collect on Saturday
Mine have been under sealed on the underside and then sprayed and will be wax oiled on the back together with the chassis
Are you spraying your self or being done
Geoff

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Nigel just seen a firm on Ebay with wing parts ie: Z3Shop(209) I found theie long list of parts when looking at cars that they are advertising in Bedworth. Might be usefull ? if you are still stuck. Geoff

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Theres a pair of sill on Shpock, not sure how good they are, you can trust Robert @mrscalex for front wings, I got a mint pair for a very reasonable price
Yep I bought a near perfect set of sills of Rob last year :thumbsup: he wouldn't spray them for me though, tight git :( :D:D:D

NigeB

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Nigel just seen a firm on Ebay with wing parts ie: Z3Shop(209) I found theie long list of parts when looking at cars that they are advertising in Bedworth. Might be usefull ? if you are still stuck. Geoff
Thanks Geoff, all sorted now. I am painting mine myself - antigravel underside, colour coat the high gloss clear coat and a good polish - they do look great. I have also painted the insides of mine just to give added protection - will be waxoyling too before they go on. I have cleaned up and repainted the main chassis sections and waxoyled them too. Im really enjoying the painting - it pays to have a decent gun and some filtration for the air flow in the garage to keep out the dust!. Thanks for the link BTW, I will have a look. Its really satisfying getting the Z looking great! N

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Thats good
As well as the sills my bumpers are off and also being re done, drivers door mirror base and a small area round boot lock and it will be A1 condition and all work shown on a disc. Then off to get roof re covered:thumbsup: Geoff